Mr. Reaper, Jose Alves da Silva (2D)

Title: Mr. Reaper
Name: Jose Alves da Silva
Software: Photoshop

This is my attempt at a portrait of the Soul Reaper as he walks the land of the Dead. It’s been a long time since I have taken so long in a picture, and I would really appreciate any comments.
I hope you like it.

Zeoyn

This is wonderful, Jose! There’s a great playful feel to it, and I love your rendering and palette. Excellent work!

Edited to add: Just spotted the mountain! Brilliant :wink:

PMD> Thank you for your kind comments. They mean a lot to me, especially coming from someone with such a great work as you :thumbsup:

I am posting some details for you to check the image more in detail:

This is an unusual depiction of the reaper, kind of like catching a glimps of him when he thinks he’s all alone. Very well done.

Amazing colors and atmosphere. Eyes so mystical ))))

love the mood !! I think one of foot could be placed as otherwise, it’s disturbing your composition and reduce details and shadow’s castle to make a better depth of field.
As u did it it’s seems too close.
Anyway i like u worked the texture color

picksel> I am glad you like it. My intention was to portray the Reaper as someone very old and wise (long beard and pipe), but with a face that was a dark void, as if it was the face of Death itself.

Dues> Thanks :beer:

picksel> Hehe. I guess your comments are right on target. Now, I also think that the two feet should have been represented in different positions. Thank you for the valuable comments.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.