Mp2 Great Bridge, Elben Schafers (3D)

Title: Mp2 Great Bridge
Name: Elben Schafers
Software: Maya, Photoshop

This scene was originally tagged 02_GreatBridge, from the Swampworld, in Metroid Prime Echoes. I created this scene to introduce this worlds style and theme to the Retro art team. Since lights and effects are added in the game engine, I had to render in Maya adding light, effects etc. I also used Photoshop to do a little comp and touch-up.

I hope you like this rendered representation of one of the rooms from MP2.

holy crap thats awesome. so perfect. looks like the game.

great style man, i love it. :slight_smile:

Very nice. Love it. :slight_smile:

Hey! Thats a nice image. I like the mood.
Though, I have a piece of advice. Open it in photoshop, duplicate the layer and set the blending mode of the copy to ‘soft light’. You can play with the layer opacity, but I think it will do with something about 90%-100%.

It’s what I almost always do with my stuff and it is an easy trick.

Ta’ta

Thanks all. I tried to match the mood, color etc as close to what we did in the game as I could. Screen shots never look as right.

Spiro. I tried like you said. It ends up increasing the contrast, and veering away from what I thought the finished game room looked like. I like the tech though and will def use it in the future.

I’m thinking of doing another for the sandlands, any interest?

I am amazed. I really like your style, the metroid games are so fun and its totally because the enviromnets suspend the disbelief of reality. Keep up the good work.

Awesome work pal…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.