Movie Poster: Monkey Assault Unit

This is my first post on CG Talk’s works forums. It’s a mock movie poster with several in-jokes for Blender users. BTW, the monkey is the sort-of-official mascot of the Blender community. The ghostly one in the bg is Suzanne, a Blender primitive, the equivalent of the teapot.

Optimized for different resolutions:
800x600
1024x768
1600x1200

Nice work overall. The floor texture and the texture on the sock monkey are some of the better Blender textures I’ve seen. It does it’s job and looks like a movie poster.

Maby you could explain those inside jokes for those who are not familiar with the Blender community.

I don’t get the inside jokes either, but I’m a sucker for a good sock monkey… :thumbsup:

You forgot the cymbol clashing monkey, man! Where is he??? Is he not a part of blender in some way? Too bad… I like the funny monkey thing. Though I really hate monkeys.

Nevermind- conflict of ideas held in head known to this unit. -beep-

Great stuff, Harkyman!

Now all I need is a landscape version so I can replace this wallpaper I’ve had up here for centuries…

Can we expect movie updates to their antics in the future?

S.A. Simian is my fave, harkyman, but I love those “Sad little Bird” stills from your site the best.

Great Blender render harkyman.

looks pretty good imo. good work on the textures render, and the famous gigs :slight_smile:
Textures on the robot monkey and the sock monkey dont seem as strong to me. The sock could use more of a 3d material.

Man, this is classic (“The only special agent with twenty trigger fingers”). :applause:

Sweet lighting and texturing (modellings good too) :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.