Mother Nature, Meats (3D)

Hi, Here’s a new character that I have been working on - Mother Nature. She is fully rigged, including facial blend shapes ready for lip sync animation.

I used Maya 5’s new “paintFx to polygons feature” to create the plant “hair”. I love the fact that this is possible now - I have been going off with it, I think that it is one of the best things to happen to 3D (for me) in a few years. This character weighs in at about 1.7 million polygons, which is making my geforce 3 to put up a little bit of a fight… But, ah, the detail, detail, detail…

Mother Nature 3/4 view

Mother Nature Side view

Mother Nature (Winter Version)

I would like to know peoples thoughts before I start to animate, I can all too easily focus on the wrong stuff sitting down here in my basement;)

Also, if you are interested, 41 other versions that were made as I created this model are
HERE

thanks

:thumbsup: I like this Pic and i would like to see her animated …

and can you make a Mother Earth damaged by Humans? :applause:

WOW!! :eek:

Gorgeous! I have nothing else to say.

Well, yes I do. Front page stuff!! :buttrock:

BgDM

Wow, that is a lot of geometry there! Great stuff!
I’d like to see a wireframe.
Are you using GI, it’s hard to tell, but I think it would benefit from a little more. Of course that can easily get too heavy if you plan to animate though.

Those are just cool pictures. Great work there in modeling and color using. Very good blending. And congratulations on being on the front page.

hot damn, paint me bob and call me red!

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

:applause:

Ok meats :bowdown: :arteest: you owe me one dude, get that in Expose like now! We’re counting on it :smiley:

salud

Do you get the impression that Leigh was impressed? :wink:

Stunning work Meats - I still love your style of sculpture - and it’s good to see it in a more organic setting.

I love the way the flesh blends into the plants, too - there’s no definite point where the legs end…

I AGREE THAT IS AWESOME

It is the kind of thing you have to yell about :smiley:

I like some of the other 40 versions too though…the version with the all-green dress/wires/vines seems more plantlike…or springlike…would be cool to see a version for every season. Right now she seems to have all the seasons in her ‘normal’ state, which is nice too.

This is really impressive

Beautifull work!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :applause: :thumbsup:

BTW Meats when you submit it to Expose, be sure it doesn’t have any type, a signature is fine but you will run the risk of getting it rejected with the type on. :slight_smile:

kicking, and btw you’re on 3dfestival.com as well :wink:

salud

hooly crap

this is absolutely amazing

you say that this put up a fight?..how long to render?

insane work here though

OMG she’s beautiful!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

MY GOD THIS IS PERFECT. MEETS YOU DO AMAZING WIRE/BRANCH WORK… SUCH A UNIQUE STYLE

Just incredible!!!

Such a great concept and then created so amazingly!!

The winter version is really creepy though…:surprised

That is an awsome show of imagination and art skills…congratulations!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I’m impressed, You’ve become something of a celebrity around here, I recognized your style immediately.

-Kol.

that’s beautiful man, but did you ever think about entering a pic into the Expose?

-skigil

Holy crappola…nice stuff