[/li][li]“Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”
[/li][li]“The Ring”
[/li][li]“Peter Pan” (2003 version)
[/li][li]“Hannibal”
[/li][li]“The Silence of the Lambs”
[/li][li]“Attack of the Killer Tomatoes”
[/li][li]“American Beauty”
[/li][li]“The Wizard of Oz”
[/li][li]“Moulin Rouge!” (Why was this movie made?)
[/li][li]“The Warriors” (“Warriors, come out to play-ie-yay!”)
[/li][li]“A Clockwork Orange”
[/li][li]“Mulholland Drive”
[/li][li]There are probably more, just can’t think of any.
[/li][/list=1]

IMO Moulin Rouge, Mulholland Drive and American Beauty were excellent. And The Warriors was a kick-ass flick when I was a kid (I assume we’re talking about that early 80’s gang fight movie).

Matrix sequels, FF and Event Horizon are good candidates for my list.

Oh, I loved “American Beauty” and “Mulholland Drive,” but they just dealt with disturbing subject matter. Disturbing isn’t necessarily bad – I personally love most movies that are “messed up.”

I’d say “Salo ou les 120 journées de Sodome - Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom” ranks pretty high on my list.

“Audition” is pretty disturbing…

Se7en. :eek:

Really great & disturbing movie: “Thesis”!
(From the same spanish director that did “the others”)

“Salo” ist quite disturbing… but not very good either (Too much shit eating).

“Audition”… quite a masterpiece.

“Ichi the killer”… disturbing but amazingly cool characters.

Why do so many people dislike “Moulin Rouge”? I totally loved it… yeah the story is weak… but the whole movie is soo much fun to watch.

ichi the killer > *

1)House of 1000 Corpses
2)Texas Chainsaw Masacre - Both Versions
3)Requim for a Dream
4)Night of the Living Dead
5)Dawn of the Dead
6)Day of the Dead
7)Gigli

Irreversible,…great film, i find it difficult to breathe when i see Monica Belluci,…totally crazy and disturbing,…i had to watch it in two sessions…even FF two scenes

I gotta go with TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME. The only time I’ve ever been so freaked out – in a GOOD way – that I had to pull off the road on the drive home and just breathe for awhile. Incredibly impressive sound design and direction – both by Lynch (but probably only enjoyable for people who really know the series and don’t mind having their expectations messed with.) There were only two other people in the theatre (this movie is maybe the only 90s-era 7 mil dollar budget movie that LOST money on a theatrical release), so it wasn’t like the movie leveraged off the intensity of the crowd – there wasn’t one.

Movies don’t usually ever scare me, outside of the occasional jump when they pull a kneejerk type moment, but that Lynch pic sure did SOMETHING to my nervous system. There are about five minutes in EXORCIST III that are equally effective, because rather than being about gore, they seem to be about losing one’s soul.

Also SALVADOR. There is a gangrape and subsequent murder of nuns and social workers that is just way too much. The rest of SALVADOR is great (for me, this and JFK are Stone’s best movies by far), but I just can’t rewatch the movie ever again, it is just too awful to bear.

There was also some movie I saw at a drive-in when I was five years old or so, in the mid-60s. It was supposed to be some kind of true-life adventure movie for kids, but it scared the crap out of me. One Native American kid keeps bragging he can fly, so the other kids NAIL WINGS ONTO HIS ARMS for lying. Later, he is seen flying through the air on those wings. I have no idea what this movie is called (or even if it is full-length, it might have been a short preceding the main film), but it sticks in mind nearly 40 years later.

Originally posted by ed209

Requiem for a Dream

that one get’s my vote as well, along with 1984 and apocalypse now.

-Man bites dog (C’est arrive pres de chez vous)

-Eraserhead. I never wish to watch that film again.

These 2, hands down, the most disturbing films i ever saw.

Man oh man. “Wrong Turn” takes the cake for most disturbing and horrible film ever. I am not opposed to violence in films, but graphic and gratuitous, unnecessary violence is another thing entirely. Wrong Turn was the most distasteful pile of crap I could imagine. My friends and I had to leave after 20 minutes because it was worthless and I felt like I lost a part of my humanity just for seeing that part of it.

That’s for bad disturbing.

For good disturbing:
-Killer Klowns From Outer Space - Killer clowns man, definitely disturbing.
-Se7en
&
-Requiem For A Dream
-Those were already stated but they are right, awesome films but disturbing at the same time.
-Das Boot - disturbs me in some fashion because it demonstrates the power of film… you really feel bad for those Nazis, even though they’re scum.

That’s all I can think of for now.

another one: “Killers” quite strange.

But if you think Wrong Turn was disturbing, you really should see the other films posted in this thread.

Gives new meaning to the word disturbing.

“Audition”… quite a masterpiece.

definately:buttrock: also ring, damn the japanese make good films:applause:
then once upon a time in mexico because its so bad

I seriously can’t believe people are leaving out “Jacob’s Ladder”.

SK

Anything with Ben Affleck.

Maybe The Cell? Damn I want to see that.

The end of Evangelion… oh boy thats wicked

titanic, and almodovar have a lot of bad films.the patriot its a …