Monster Mash - A Tool for Casual 3D Modeling and Animation

Hi there, saw this on 2 minute papers, great work. I used the web demo and but could not find the option to export the animation to glTF. Will this option be there soon?

Try to press the Animate button and then click on the Export animation as glTF which is located in the sub-menu of Save button.

Hey sykorad

This looks great & is a lot of fun! Also the yt videos you made are very well done & helpful.

I was looking into the commercial licensing issue you mentioned. I pulled down the triangle lib and it seems the copyright is on the triangle lib itself, but mentions nothing of the models/files generated from it, so presumably that should be all fine. Note that I am not a copyright lawyer etc.

Iv pasted the relevant portion of the liscense below:

Distribution of this code as part of a commercial system is permissible ONLY BY DIRECT ARRANGEMENT
WITH THE AUTHOR.  (If you are not directly supplying this code to a
customer, and you are instead telling them how they can obtain it for
free, then you are not required to make any arrangement with me.)

Mr Sykora I love this program, it’s perfect, however would it be possible to implement a line tool or a curve tool to make drawing a bit easier so you could lift your hand, because sometimes it’s difficult to outline the drawing template. A sort of vector tool that allows you to click in multiple strokes to form the shape.

Mr Sykora I love this program, it’s perfect, however would it be possible to implement a line tool or a curve tool to make drawing a bit easier so you could lift your hand, because sometimes it’s difficult to outline the drawing template. A sort of vector tool that allows you to click in multiple strokes to form the shape.

asdasdasasasas

This program rules

I love how all the shapes come out so natural and have the handdrawn form!.
As an illustrator mainly this tool clicks so much with me.

I think as a modelling tool its even cooler than an animation tool … you can draw almost anything with a bit of imagination, plants , clouds , trees , all types of animals , even cartoony cars.

i made a small animation , ALL OBJECTS are created with monster mash almost untouched. just remeshed and textured etc. it looks very cute and really has a hand crafted miniature feel to it which monster mesh gives instantly.

not the greatest animator but i think it still shows off monster meshes potential for kids animation and illustration.

hope you like it

also made a first video where i just try out your tool and just create different things and a little underwtaer scene.

i couldnt be more greatful ,

i will buy the full version asap when you realease it !

I am planning to use this tool to add some animations to kid stories that I read. It looks really amazing, and it has a great potential. I have a question: is there a way to import an existing clipart, and animate it without the need to draw something from scratch? If this is not available, then maybe it will be a good idea to add a tracing feature that can trace a drawing automatically, then animate it. What do you think?

Thanks again for creating such an amazing tool.

Another speed art with monster mash and blender.

Im super in love ,

its so powerfull to anyone who can draw at least a little bit (like me lol) ,

about 1.5 hours from concept to finish , rendered with eevee

https://twitter.com/Alex_Mehler/status/1381697361739661316?s=20

i didnt know what to do today so i just scribbled something together like you normally would just scribble with pen and paper sometimes …

normally when i open 3d software i immediatly feel pressure and my time running up lol , with monster mesh its like playing and just having fun