MODERN MASTERS: Digital Anatomy Painting (Photoshop) Tutorial By Nebezial

wow NEbezial this is so cool of you man. I love how you capture the the action and mood in your artwork. rock on man

As this is my first post in CGSociety I’d like to say hi to everybody! I must say there is tons of great talents in here which is really inspiring as well as daunting because it puts the bar very high - but all we can do is try our best and learn from eachother. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn lots from you all!

I'm 32 year old and trying to learn my way about digital art with Photoshop and Wacom. Recently I've studied some of Nebezial's great tutorials and as a result I came up with this piece which outlines I created from a great photo by Pieter Hugo (can see the original photo here: pieterhugo.com/hyena/06.html)

I used Nebezial's blending method making the nigerians face and hands and I was amazed as to how well it worked.

Compliments and critique is welcome 

Since I based my picture so close to a real photo I decided to try and get Pieter Hugo's permission to post it on the internet. I was happy to see his response in the mail today:

---------------
 HI VEGARD 
  FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR IMAGE AS PER YOUR CONDITIONS.  I THINK ITS GREAT. 
  KIND REGARDS 
  PIETER
 ---------------

So, here it is - hope you like it:
[[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Mowgli69/hyena-WALL2_preview.gif[/img]](http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Mowgli69/hyena-WALL2.gif)

bump

+++

Why are we bumping this again? :wink:

Stop drawing like this, or i will kill your child. :twisted:

What you mean with “he’s not my child”. :hmm:

Hell, I hate you. :banghead:

(You are doing great, and im a big fan of you since your M&S entry, pls continue to enlighten us and your great work.)

MAybe you can put the hyena abit down, it’s looking flying to my eye.

For you Nebezial fans out there, check out:

SPOTLIGHT ARTIST: Best of Nebezial

[left]Where I’m currently in the process of assembling just the tutorial material from these threads.

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak
[/left]

Thanx again for a wonderful thread nebezial. Great fundimentals.
Thanx Rebeccak for the promotion.

Well done team:buttrock:
Chris

great tut!

hi!
At frist this is a amazing tut thx for this nebezial

I try to use some shadow technics and the outcome was this (not finished thou)

but i couldnt use the blend technic that you specified in this thread…dunno why…so i used another one…if someone like that outcome and if nebezial dont mind i can explain how to do, but prob many ppl know and used this technic…

Regards

hi

I tried doing a face with the blending techniques you described, and here it is, not very polished I’m afraid. Any comments would be helpful and much appreciated

first i want to say thank you
everything here helped me to become better.

and of course the blender is very important.
my settings under scattering
-scatter 38% (pen pressure)
-count 10
-count jitter 30%

other dynamics:
-0% pen pressure

are those the best settings? and cna i save those setings?

WELL WITH TIME WE ALL LEARN MORE STUFF, AND WITH THE AMOUNT OF WORK I HANDLED DURIN G THE LAST 6 MONTHS IM ALL STACKED UP ON NEW STUFF, SO TIME TO BEGIN…AGAIN

intro tut

Jawdropping, Nebz! =D Welcome back and thanks for the tut! Ill try it asap!

GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK …Stjepan :bounce: :applause: :slight_smile: …FANTASTIC TUTORIAL…AS ALWAYS…REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MORE :thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

wow amazing!!!

Great tutorials! Very insightful! Just reading it has multiplied my knowledge of PS by a gazillion!

As a “thank you”, I have something for you. It’s really, really good! It’s your dream setup, just the way you like it! It’s in my dungeo … err, basement. Yes, through that door, down the stairs, just 13 of them, past the iron gate with only a handle on the outside. Don’t worry it’s not going to close by itself. Doors don’t do that silly. Ignore the scream like sounds, it’s just the wind. There! Everything you need. Just chain yourself to the desk, have a cookie and enter Photoshop heaven!

Meanwhile, I devote my life to alchemy and the dark arts to steal … I mean duplicate your skills and talent. Just sign here in blood. An ‘X’ will do. >:)

man… what took you so long?!
i was about to take a trip to croatia and knock on your door for more!
:smiley:

cheers!
Icey

PS: have you done all the texture with bevel and emboss and all the things you’ve said there, and no real textures underneath? only with your own brushes??

all my texture brushes, i just gotta catch a breather to make a good brush tut, to show some creative ways to use brushes, i believe those tricks will prove most useful…actually , i should get myself someplace to host some brushes for downloading, hm ill look into it

Welcome back Nebz. Great tricks there, thanks. For you to host your brushes, you can just package it and put it on rapidshare or yousendit. Or just holler and I’ll put it up for you.