Modeling: TimeLapse Video 1: Human Mouth

Hey guys. :smiley:

Here’s a 15 minute(compressed down to about 1 minute) time lapse of a little study I did last week.

It’s Max 5.1, CSPolytools, Meshtools, and the tubecap primative talked about in the Theoretical Sub-D thread.

It uses the TechSmith codec (yes, I know everyone has DIVX, but I just don’t like how it compresses stuff like this).

You can get the 176kb Techsmith codec installer >>>HERE<<<

>>>DOWNLOAD 8.8MB TIMELAPSE VID HERE<<<

[EDIT: Do to comments, I’ve reduced the speed by about 35%. You can get the slower one >>>HERE<<<

Oh, and yes, the proportions are off a bit. Hey, I did it in 15 minutes. Gimme a break.

Lemme know what you think. If you all find it usefull, I’ll do a bunch more.

Cheers! :beer:

-Dave

Plugged at redpixel

http://www.redpixel.com.br/newsdetails.asp?newsdate=14/04/2004&newstime=15:14:50

Best regards,

thanx
but 3dzealot i hav become old waiting for ur pdf(for theoratical subdivision) to come to me.
when will u give it to me

dont want to be anoying but…
where can I find the codec for it ?

The link is in my first post.

-Dave

EDIT: PiledotNET, that’s really cool! I hope your users find it usefull.

-Dave

oh sorry didnt saw that.

but I like the little tutorial kinda thingy
it interesting to see how a human face is build up and tweaker by a pro

thanx for sharing!

nice one cheers

can you slow it down a bit more, it is well quick :slight_smile:

Ok, since you and a few of the mods have seen it, you’ve all mentioned the speed. So I’ve reduced the speed by about 35%.

You can grab the new slower one >>>HERE<<<

Perhaps now, there won’t be any seizures. :eek:

:smiley:

-Dave

Nice Tutorial! :thumbsup: :beer:

ah much better dave. no finish it up :wink: with the nose and eyes to match hehe

Thanks, thats a nice tutorial :applause: Would be cool, if you do some more tutorials…

Very Nice Dave Thanks!

You should do a vid on each part of the head - nose, eye etc…

nice one dave

[hehe only just noticed you changed your name… to your name]

Aye gid, I like it :slight_smile:

Hi Dave!!

I just downloaded your tutorial, I can’t wait to see it, but it seems to be simply great.
Thanks a lot.
Mica-ela:wavey:

mica- ela: You’re very welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

Iain McFadzen: High praise indeed coming from you. At least I got your name spelled right this time ;).

Simon.Reeves: Glad you liked it. Yeah, I just had to get rid of that rediculous screen name. Besides, using my real name is just more honest. Makes me think before I speak. I need to do that more. :rolleyes:

MRAY: Thanks! I’m actually working on more vids that do exactly that. I think I might make a whole character out of this, using each vid as a starting point for the next. It’s just really easy to make these with camtasia. I’ll have more soon.

Alucard1703: Thanks! I’m working on 'em during my lunch breaks.

Sas.hun: Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Tims0l: I’d hardley call myself a “pro”, but it is indeed a nice compliment. It’s fun to share technique. Modeling videos(like Martin Krol’s) really helped me in the past, and it’s fun to be able to give out something like this.

ishpal: Hehe…yeah…the pdf…runs and hides…er…I’ll get back to you on that one. :smiley:

To everyone that’s downloaded and viewed this sucker, I want to thank you for taking the time, and I hope that this will be a neat little set of videos for the community. I’m going to be writing out the theory behind why I do it this way on my site when they are all done.

Thanks for stopping by!

-Dave

thank you

first I would like to say " You rock!!!":buttrock:

it has taught me much about how the mouth should be formed…
I had lot of difficulties in the past with it…

Cheers

As usual Sir… I bid thee a :bowdown:

-Dave

Hehe…

Right back at ya, Tex!

-Dave

Nice vid, Dave. Question - what are you using to capture it?

thorn