mix8layer MR shader

Francesca has release a new MR shader called mix8layer.
Works like photoshop layers.
Get it here: http://www.highend3d.com/maya/shaders/?sort=dt_modified+desc#3058

I´ve been beta testing it and its soooo nice with color correction and different blending modes. Its one of those shaders that Alias should have made years ago. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree, I’m using it in my skinshader and teethshader now, and it speeds up rendering too! Francesca, we love you! :slight_smile:

Great one …thx a lot Francesca !

Thanks for this one, looks like it can be very handy :slight_smile:

thanks francesca:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Go Francesca go!!

Nice work once again!

So does this mean we finaly got a layered shader node for mentalray?

Can’t wait to test it :slight_smile:

WOOT WOOT WOOT, sounds cool, many thanks franchesca, apologies again for thinking you were a guy lol

MunCH

hi,

its working great!

does anyone know what each blend mode number means?
is it suppose to work with maya render too?

thanks francesca,

Haim

hs3d,
Its a MentalRay shader so it will only work with MR.
Install the AEmix8layerTemplate.mel in your C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My documents\maya\6.0\scripts and you will get the names of all the blend modes.

tnx pixero!
it works.

Haim

Im having problem with this shader, the alpha channel its not working.I thought that it worked like the Maya layer shader, but no… its different.What i want to create is a brick wall, and then a concrete wall with alpha channel above the brick wall, but the alpha its not working.:shrug:

thanks guys !!

ciao
francesca

ps__ slipknot66: the alpha channel is working. you can apply alpha channel directly from your img if you saved from psd checking the alphachannel checkbox… this will enable ‘alphachannelling’ on every blending modes…, or you can enable alphachannel by choosing the alpha blending mode…, or you can enable alphachannel by choosing normal.mix and plug the alpha into the o.factor.

Obrigado=Thank you francesca:)

Thanks francesca for the XSI port :slight_smile:

This shader rocks. It’s totally great that you made a shader that controls HSV. I have been waiting for a clean HSV implementation for a very long while. And layers too, sweet.

:thumbsup:

So, is this a shader or something else?

There is no .mi file right? Am I missing something, I can’t seem to get it to work. Where is the shader supposed to pop up so that I can access it?

Initially, I thought this was the problem,

Install the AEmix8layerTemplate.mel in your C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My documents\maya\6.0\scripts and you will get the names of all the blend modes.

But, I checked and have it saved in that folder, and other AETemplates that are in that folder are working. So, I am not sure what is going on?

After trying to load the skintest02 file, I only get a part of the shading network, and the AE node for mix8 doesn’t display much. Just some numbers and modes.

Thanks!

Kidder, Of cause there is a .mi file. Look in the right directory: mix8.layer_v1.0b\maya\mentalray

That’s screwedup man… what was I on this weekend. Actually, for some reason, this dl looks different than the first 5 times I tried it, I did try dl from a different computer, maybe theres an issue there I should look into.

But, anyway, yeah makes perfect sense now, thanks.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck getting it to work on Maya 6 for MAC…

We did the conversion with GCC, loaded it into the appropriate places and it looks like it loaded. But then when we went to render, all we get is a total black render (no alpha either) - we used the skintest02.mb file that was posted to test it the first time, but no luck.

Could there be something we missed - we tried doing the Mac conversion on 2 different computers here, same result on both. Anyone else had luck?

Conversion of francesca’s BumpCombiner went without a hitch, so we figure that we may be missing a file or something.

Thanks
DD