mind shaft, olivier charles (3D)

Title: mind shaft
Name: olivier charles
Software: 3ds max

this is a remake of a rendering made for the stockholm public library’ s competition.
the wall represents the knowledge fall down to the center of the earth.

made with max 2009, rendering with mental ray

hope you like

Looks great.

Is the books modelled or is it just textures? :slight_smile:

gr8 work mate !!! 5 stars and share with us all that books :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome Scene!

BRAVO!:thumbsup:

very very great idea… so beautiful… whatever i feel the books scale a little big… but it’s still stunning …!!!

inspring space. I do agree the comments, the scale of the books easily affect the space

That’s sick, quite impressive.

surreal scale…impressive.

wonderful architectural ima… 5stars for me :thumbsup:

thanks for comments!! :slight_smile:

books are low poly in mr_proxies (and yes, they are big! lol)

very nice work :applause: love the soft lighting

Hey! Great image! Stunning! Im swedish and would love to see stockholms main libarary like that :wink: Would you like to share your scene setup? Especially the lights! Did you mix it with any photos?-Timo

I’m a library fetishist so this gets a big :thumbsup: from me. Nice concept and composition, well done.

Original ! I really like the design concept. The render is great, but be careful of the definition of your texture on the foreground at the bottom. It’s a bit stretched.

Good work, beau boulot ! :wink:

Lc.

wow, amazing concept. so many books! i agree about the texture definition on the lower concrete though; it’s too blurry / stretched. but overall, awesome work.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.