Microscope Elements, (3D)

Title: Microscope Elements
Name:
Software:

These images are part of an experiment series for testing shading, displacement and post effects in Realsoft 3D (more images can be found here art.bt-3d.de ). I’ve written the microscope shader in VSL some time ago and still tweak it.

awesome! it makes those ‘things’ look very organic, and microscopic, indeed!

some electro-microscopes also use colors, are youplanning to use colors too?

I think your pictures look really cool and i’ve tried to make some of those too (besides 3d i’m a biochemist), but i’m writting this reply mostly to correct Thekkur … scanning electron microscopes (SEM) don’t work with colors, because they ‘see’ with electrons, it works kind of like a radar, so they don’t show color. Color sometimes is added later by the scientist or some cg artist to enhance the pic.

great pics! :applause:

I Like it the most in this forum yeah I meant that
its wowwwwwwwwwwww
this all I can say perfect work
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wow…
thats great, i like the colors…:wink:

real great! good work!

Best microscopic shader I have seen to date.

Amazing image.

WOW!

that is some beautiful work you have!

Thanks so much for sharing!!:buttrock:

WONDERFUL !

Beautiful imagery that really captures the look and feel of SEM, but with added dynamics.

Very inspiring.

Done in Realsoft eh? Well I’m definately impressed with the look! Well done! :beer:

Look awesome! Very nice effect!!

Reminds me of Metroid Prime for the Gamecube… it has something similar when you start the game.

Wow, that is neat looking, it reminds me too of the microscopic things at the beginning of metroid prime.

Very nice shader work and nice cilia. As a medical illustrator, I can appreciate how hard it can be to “get that look”. Here comes my barrage of questions:

Did you use the new hairshader in RealSoft to get some of the finer fibrils? What type of geometry did you use - nurbs, polys, etc… Did you use displacement maps along with bumps? Is this a pure rendering or were the post effects like the glow(bloom) added in post? May we see some wireframes?

I hope that wasn’t too many questions :slight_smile:

Fantastic! :eek:

I’m wondering if you can post some wireframes? I’m just curious to see how much is modeled and how much is displacement/shader magic. :slight_smile:

OMG this is so sweet. How did you do this man i know you said displacements maps but i did not’ know you could do this. also can you post the wires please. btw are you going to make more shader and release them to the plublic?

Originally posted by Zardoz
[B]I think your pictures look really cool and i’ve tried to make some of those too (besides 3d i’m a biochemist), but i’m writting this reply mostly to correct Thekkur … scanning electron microscopes (SEM) don’t work with colors, because they ‘see’ with electrons, it works kind of like a radar, so they don’t show color. Color sometimes is added later by the scientist or some cg artist to enhance the pic.

great pics! :applause: [/B]

Same thing with space scope images.

Really cool! :thumbsup:
Do you use the micropoly displacement, the surface looks great!

Very nice shader work and nice cilia. As a medical illustrator, I can appreciate how hard it can be to “get that look”. Here comes my barrage of questions:

Did you use the new hairshader in RealSoft to get some of the finer fibrils? What type of geometry did you use - nurbs, polys, etc… Did you use displacement maps along with bumps? Is this a pure rendering or were the post effects like the glow(bloom) added in post? May we see some wireframes?

I hope that wasn’t too many questions :slight_smile:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: