Messiah Renders

If you have rendered something great in Messiah Studio, please share it with us!

If you’re here you’re probably looking for this post.

SEAHORSE

If you have rendered something great in Messiah Studio, please share it with us!

Wegg, maybe we should change that to “if you have rendered something in messiah studio at all.”

c’mon guys put up something would ya.

:beer:
-mG

Ok, this is old stuff that I presented on yahoogroups some times ago, it was actually rendered in rev9b and I haven’t had time to work on it since… so, it’s havily WIP :rolleyes:

Thanks for tossing something up maks.
looks good.

-mG

Ok, it nothing extraordinary, I just can’t no longer look at this empty space…

I have a club here and I’m working on a monster that will not be afraid to use it on all M:S owners who don’t share their renders with us :wink:

Ok, it was just a quick render to test how objects created with ZBrush2 will behave in M:S.

I created it in ZBrush2 (5 min), exported as OBJ, then created the texture in ZBrush2, flipped it vertically and exported it.

Brought all into M:S, applied the texture as UV Map and as you see, it works great.

Not bad at all. Thanks for decorating this empty place.

:beer:
-mG

Here’s a little inspiration from artist extraordinare (3D and otherwise) and my close friend, Taron. This is a test of messiah:studio’s new displacement and lighting features that I thought many of you would appreciate:

Taron would be upset if I didn’t say that this was only a test that he generated for us:) Of course, he is capable of some even more phenomenal imagery, but I thought this test was well worth a looksee:D

Here’s a variation demonstrating different lighting (~1 min, 30 secs):

These images are only intended as sample output from the renderer. We’ll be updating our site with info soon.

-lyle

ps: there is no GI used on these images. Also, they were all rendered on a 2.8 Ghz machine (using chunk files).

Here are a couple of fun variations Taron created. The first is a test of the displacement params pushed beyond normal settings. Ooouuch… as if being dead wasn’t enough!:scream:

This next one has a variation on lighting, with little Photshop filtering (no retouching). Just to get that old horror flick look:

-lyle

ps: we’ll let you know when there’s available info on the next revs.

I hate when they do that?
Silence THEN BOOM
NUCLEAR EXPLOSION

Not just a whimper but bam!!!

sidenote: I really don’t hate it…I love it.

Taron really does take things to a whole nother level. As Gandhi once said, “Great Googly Moogly!”

So any chance of any upgrade specials when you release this monstrously huge next update to Studio for us Animate users? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge :wink:

Does this mean that Messiah Studio competes with Zbrush face to face? These samples are great!(and so …Yuck!)
BTW if Taron posted daily his experiments in 3d, there would be a permament plug for his images on the frontpage.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Originally posted by BNicolucci
[B]Taron really does take things to a whole nother level. As Gandhi once said, “Great Googly Moogly!”

So any chance of any upgrade specials when you release this monstrously huge next update to Studio for us Animate users? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge :wink: [/B]

:wink: :wink:

Originally posted by Dennik
Does this mean that Messiah Studio competes with Zbrush face to face? These samples are great!(and so …Yuck!)
BTW if Taron posted daily his experiments in 3d, there would be a permament plug for his images on the frontpage.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Not compete with Zbrush, but work with it. You’d do your modeling and map painting in Zbrush and bring them into studio. Actually, it seems that messiah:studio and Zbrush perfectly complement each other: one focuses on modeling and map painting, the other on character animation and rendering. No duplication of effort;)

Yeah, Taron’s images should probably be plugged. Anyone out there wanna give it a shot?

-lyle

Hello

This is really fantastic!!
Messiah studio with zbrush displacement maps and texture maps, just great!!!

Thanks.

Fritz

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GREAT!

That’s what I call a 2’fer.

Cool new feature preview peek and a rare Taron work sighting all in one.

:thumbsup:

:beer: I’m not sure what this smily means exactly, but I’m very happy about Your reactions and want to give You a big: THANK YOU!:thumbsup:

So this is the first time I hook up with this CGTalk officially, whereby my name of course is already taken…hmm…more common than I anticipated, I guess…

Anyway, this head is my little testing geometry that I initially only made to see what my shaders do, therefore it was a quick one, that actually from time to time got a little extra…so the 57minutes is actually stacked up from initially an 18minute head, which then became a 23minute had some other time and then I had a day I thought up a new shader and relaxed for another 20minutes of modeling some more nonsense onto the head and eventually I spend another 4 minutes on fixing a few creases I didn’t like. Hence…57minute head. Just thought that’s an amusing information.

The texturing and additional shader writing was what really sucked me into it. By now I’m very much more passionate about that part then the actually geometry or the result itself, which remains a great motivator, that’s for sure. Especially now that it’s such a bizarrely amazing experience to do the texturing in Messiah. But I don’t want to make this turn into a commercial, although I’d love to make everyone see and understand how it feels to texture in Studio now! It’s crazy good, crazy fun and an eerily brutal level of control. Well, I’m coming from Lightwave mostly, since we worked at Computercafe(visual effect house) with it and I have a history of enjoying to use LW, but this stuff now just so blows it out of the water. I’m sorry, I really don’t want to do much of a comparison here, I really don’t like this kind of thing, but I’m very excited about this new experience for countless excellent reasons and don’t want to hold back at all.

Yet, I will try to keep it under control and see that I present You with something more evident than just an image.

So if there are any questions, please, don’t hesitate to ask me either here or privately, but I believe almost every question could be interesting to everyone.

Well, again, thanx to everybody and I can’t wait to fill up my website with a whole new bunch of renders. Depending on how this here at CGtalk feels to me, I may even post some stuff here, too, just that this is not usually my kind of thing…I rather have You find my work than me throwing my work at You…doesn’t feel right.

Thanx again!

Taron

Really nice to see such a great artist using messiah!:slight_smile:
Hey Taron Do you never do some “happy” style type of work?:rolleyes:

Wow, I was beginning to wonder … very cool for sure - though, I wish Taron would update his site. I know, I know - he’s a busy man at CafeFx. Well, I’ll finally have atleast one renderer soon that supports subpixel micropoly displacement mapping.

Well, messiah now has one up on C4d and LW. Now, if we can only get a fur solution … :slight_smile:

Whoooo looks dam cool :applause:

Lyle can u tell us if the Subd UV Distortion has also been fixed?