Here is better workaround than my previously posted one, less of a hassle with this method.
- Setup your object(s) in C4D and launch messiah via the Dialog and successfully send your objects to messiah.
- Save your messiah scene file and when asked to save the model do so, preferrably as a obj format. It should create an object folder.
- Save you scene in C4D and close C4D.
- Work standalone in messiah after that using the saved messiah scene file.
- When you are ready to bring your finished work from messiah to C4D, open C4D and Launch messiah from the dialog.
- Clear the scene in messiah if you need to.
- Load the saved messiah scene in messiah, it will prompt you if you want to connect to the host, choose yes.
- Your object should now appear in C4D.
It works, just in a different way. I hope this helps.