Melynasis Sharvuotis, Evaldas Jucevicius (3D)

Title: Melynasis Sharvuotis
Name: Evaldas Jucevicius
Software: 3ds Max, Photoshop

hi,
This is my latest work done with 3ds Max. No sketches were used, the idea was just in my mind and I tried to make it straight in 3d. Feel free to comment and critique my artwork.

nice. I like the tranlucent blue legs. Great shaders and render. Good modeling to. kindof an ice bug.

The head looks a little bit too smooth to me. Try dirtying it up some like you did on the back. Everything else looks great.

nice! that rendering looks great. I especially like the effect on the legs!

nice image…
nice bug! :stuck_out_tongue:

nice very nice job…
nice feeling of render

good materials and render. Bravo.

I like you concept, and also as others mentioned, the SSS effect on the legs. Makes it feel like its a realy small scale bug, like the ones we have inside the pores of our skin. I think it could use a realy exotic enviroment, you could study some photos from a microscope to give you ideas.
One last thing is its mandible. I think it should have the two claws facing inward instead of being straight. Just a suggestion.
Keep up the good work!

very sweet man very sweert work indeed

Very good job. The head seems to be real smooth, plastic like. I love the glowy legs. Nice.

I hate bugs but this is really pure :slight_smile: Good job. Congratulations.

Nice and clean render. Translucent legs are really cool :slight_smile:

i agree about the head with dirtying it up a bit-doesn’t quite match the realism of the body.awesome job nonetheless

great beetle but I would leave away the teeth, they look a bit pathetic

NIce bug. I like the shader you used for the legs.

Evaldas,
Excellent! I like the mood and setting you captured. It reminds me of a scanning-tunneling microscope shot. Amazing that you captured the ammount of detail from within your mind not using any sketches for refrence. Just incredible talent!
Very nice!

~ Gary ~

Excellent work man. Those colors made me stop and click on it. I love the design and I had to stop in and give you a quality thumbs up.:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.