Meet the inventor of 'CtrlAltDelete'

Quote:
"David Bradley spent five minutes writing the computer code that has bailed out the world’s PC users for decades.

The result was one of the most well-known key combinations around: CtrlAltDelete. It forces obstinate computers to restart when they will no longer follow other commands.

Bradley, 55, is getting a new start of his own. He’s retiring Friday after 28.5 years with IBM.

Bradley joined the company in June 1975 as an engineer in Boca Raton, Florida. By 1980, he was one of 12 working to create the IBM PC. He now works at IBM’s facility in Research Triangle Park.

The engineers knew they had to design a simple way to restart the computer should it fail. Bradley wrote the code to make it work.

“I didn’t know it was going to be a cultural icon,” Bradley said. “I did a lot of other things than CtrlAltDelete, but I’m famous for that one.” "

>>Link<<

-R

Ah! He should be knighted! What a guy.

MUCH more than Bill Gates does, but the Queen seems to think otherwise…

Microsoft should post his picture every five minutes to remind you of what to do when Windows crashes.

But we all know that rarely happens:rolleyes:

A big three finger salute to Mr. Bradley and his small, but infinatley useful contribution to the pc world.

wow. Unknowingly he’s been my hero many of times. Thanks Mr. Bradley

He’s saved me 1000’s of hours of Thearpy !! :applause: Salute to Mr. Bradley !!

I may be a little late in this, but if anyone wants to see the clip from Double Jeopardy…

http://andrew.cmu.edu/~pnelson/CtrlAltDel.asf

Man Bill Gates’ expression is hilarious. :smiley:

Second only to the inventor of ‘Ctrl Z’

:love:

LOl that clip is excellent- Gates just cannot take a joke with any aplomb at all… pitiful.

Thank you Bill Gates, you have made my day!

Originally posted by Silvermyst
[B]I may be a little late in this, but if anyone wants to see the clip from Double Jeopardy…

http://andrew.cmu.edu/~pnelson/CtrlAltDel.asf

Man Bill Gates’ expression is hilarious. :smiley: [/B]

David Bradley dropped THE BOMB on Bill.
Hilarious!!!

HUZZAH!!! HUZZAH!!!

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS THE BILL GATES SMACK DOWN …1…2…3…YOUURRRR OUDDAAHHHH THEEEERRREE !!!:buttrock: :thumbsup: :bowdown: :applause:

Awesome post man !

Mr. Bradley is indeed a person worth praising for his efforts of the ctrl alt del.
Thankyou Bradley

Mr.Bradley I can not thank you enough. BILL got shot down worse then the WIndows 98 crash on Live TV!! YES ! click Save Target As click

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.