Gnomon School of Visual Effects
Meats Meier is currently a resident artist and instuctor at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects and teaches the first ever Zbrush course. Meats is the author of the very popular “Introduction to Zbrush” training DVD that is produced bt the Gnomon Workshop. He is also an award-winning digital artist (including two Expose’ Master awards) with over a decade of experience in a wide range of artistic fields. Various titles include: airbrush artist, lead artist at a video game studio, technical director on feature films, and has had a successful career as an independent artist and illustrator.
Meier’s artwork is on the cover of numerous books, magazines, and web sites. Meats was honored with the prestigious “Maya Master” title by Alias at SIGGRAPH 2003. Recently, his work has recently been featured on the cover of the Zbrush box and is the creator of the Maya 7 signature image and animations.
Post your questions or request for critique
The “Meet the Artists” forum provides a conducive environment where CGTalk members can have the opportunity to speak to some of the finest digital art talents in the world! CGTalk members can post questions and artwork, and have them answered or critiqued by these master artists. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable insight from seasoned industry veterans!
Rules for Q&A/Critique:
- Use your real name (edit your CGTalk profile in UserCP). Note: Anonymous postings may be removed at CGTalk’s discretion.
- Please be polite when asking questions or for critique.
- Check the whole thread to see if your question has already been asked. Do not post duplicate questions.
- When posting critique, please use the CGTalk Attachments feature so that the artwork remains accessible.
- Note that the Artist is under no obligation to answer all questions or critique all work posted. It is at his/her sole discretion to answer questions or critique work.
- If the Artist does not answer your question or critique your work, do not harass him/her.