Mediterranean, Guillermo Zulueta (3D)

Title: Mediterranean
Name: Guillermo Zulueta
Software: Lightwave 8, Photoshop

Done just for fun. I would still working on it but I don´t have much time left…

All comments are very welcome. Hope you like it!

Thanks for looking!

The model is a bit simple !

I like the background and lighting can you show a wireframe?

I really like the water ! Can you tell me how you did that? (model&textures)

Gillermo, la zona en sombra del barco está demasiado clara. Lo hace parecer algo auto-iluminado. La luz proveniente de la atmósfera nunca es tan potente y menos con una posición del sol tan baja. Yo la atenuaría, y le daría un color azulado-violáceo… dados los colores de tu cielo.

Pero la imagen tiene encanto, paisano. :wink:

Looks cool. Nice lighting and lovely ocean. I think the textures on the boat are a bit clean making it seem a little out of place, otherwise looking great.

Thanks for the comments! :slight_smile:

Here there are some wires:

I know the ship is a bit simple but I have no time to still working on it :banghead:
My primary focus was lighting… yeah maybe it´s a bit too clear but that can depend of the different monitors :slight_smile:

About the water, is just a plane with a gradient for reflection and bump maps for waves… I was going to use a displacement map but this way looks more fine :slight_smile:

It is a simple but great model, i love the water.

Thanks. Could you maybe share the bumpmap with us ? Again, the water looks really great!

Thanks for the nice comments everybody! :slight_smile:

The bump map are just procedurals… not an image :slight_smile:

I´ll put here the settings of the water bump (for Lightwave, but can be useful for other apps):

There are 3 layers of procedurals. The most important thing to get a good result is the SIZE of each one. (Check it out in meters) :slight_smile:

Layer 1:

Layer 2:

Layer 3:

And that´s all. Hope this helps!! :thumbsup:

LW is my favourite package and I am so sorry that thay did not have it in VFS as lectures.

Good work and nice picture

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.