MB Skeleton

For anyone with 8.5 and MB5, I’ve uploaded a Cinema file consisting of a skeleton that’s properly named and laid out for use with MB. You can get it HERE

With regard to weighting, I suggest you import one of the characters from MB into Cinema and examine the weighting using Claude Bonet (if you have it). That will give you a good idea how to weight your own characters.

Happy animating!

muchly appreciated bud…xmas spirit come early…good on ya.
will take a lookie once the maxon uk guys decide to post out my S&T and 8.5…hint hint…heh heh.

as you’re well aware i have no idea about what i’m doing so this should firstly help in confusing the hell out of me…then secondly make me RTFM flingster…some people just have to learn the hard way i guess…i must be one of those tortured souls…:stuck_out_tongue:

thanks once again…:thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Adam!
Want to give a quadroped a go in MB this weekend - we´ll see how that turns out. Did you try that?

Flingster - download the MB VTM´s at www.3dbuzz.com. You´ll have to register in order to do so.

COOL!

Thanks!!!

Thanks Adam,
I just wish I had time to play with all these rigs. My Motion Builder is due in a couple of days, but I will be torn between MB and Bonderland when I get the time.
It’s great to have so much choice :thumbsup:

Peter

Greatly appreciated - I was kind of hoping you might come up with such a generous posting. Just waiting for 8.5 to arrive now.

Hey Adam,

I haven’t purchased MB yet… I am still trying to create the perfect rig in Cinema ;D for some Shockwave work.
I really like the use of the roll bones… duh I should have implemented something like that ages ago. Of course when all you do are heads and stick robots… nothing really rolls.

Curious why you have a roll bone on the bicep as well… I understand it on the forearm but why there?
I am also curious about the spacing between the hip and torso. Is there a reason the hip is so small… probably a reason in MB I guess…

Thanks for sharing! How is the Grinch coming??? Get to work you lazy bastard (hey… you called me a nitpicker, so…)

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by wesware
[B]Hey Adam,

I haven’t purchased MB yet… I am still trying to create the perfect rig in Cinema ;D for some Shockwave work.
I really like the use of the roll bones… duh I should have implemented something like that ages ago. Of course when all you do are heads and stick robots… nothing really rolls.

Curious why you have a roll bone on the bicep as well… I understand it on the forearm but why there?
I am also curious about the spacing between the hip and torso. Is there a reason the hip is so small… probably a reason in MB I guess…

Thanks for sharing! How is the Grinch coming??? Get to work you lazy bastard (hey… you called me a nitpicker, so…)

:thumbsup: [/B]

Hey Wes,

The short answer for why I set up the skeleton the way I did is that that’s the way MB likes it. :slight_smile: The roll bones are optional though. I think the bicep roll bone is supposed to help ease the pain of should rotation in some cases. More puzzling to me are the leg roll bones.

Mr. Grinch is coming along. I’m presently getting him boned and skinned, but I’m having some bizarre problems with Claude Bonet. I think my Mocca install may be screwed up, but I’m waiting to hear back from Maxon.

Originally posted by AdamT
[B]Hey Wes,

The short answer for why I set up the skeleton the way I did is that that’s the way MB likes it. :slight_smile: The roll bones are optional though. I think the bicep roll bone is supposed to help ease the pain of should rotation in some cases. More puzzling to me are the leg roll bones.

Mr. Grinch is coming along. I’m presently getting him boned and skinned, but I’m having some bizarre problems with Claude Bonet. I think my Mocca install may be screwed up, but I’m waiting to hear back from Maxon. [/B]

-Yeah, the leg rolls are interesting…I can perhaps understand the shin, if you rotate the foot on it’s heading side to side, you should get a little twisting in the skin on the lower calf, perhaps the info is sent up the chain to the second shin bone and gives it a little bank?
-What’s happening with CB?

Yeah, I guess the shin roll makes a little sense.

CB seems to have righted itself, again with no rhyme or reason. For a time it refused to resize its radius or adjust strength, or display only one bone’s influence, among other things.

Originally posted by AdamT
YCB seems to have righted itself, again with no rhyme or reason. For a time it refused to resize its radius or adjust strength, or display only one bone’s influence, among other things.

Odd. :surprised

Many thanks for the file Adam. To be honest I still have to install MB 5 myself it’s been sitting on my shelf for the last week.

Originally posted by flyingP
[B]Odd. :surprised

Many thanks for the file Adam. To be honest I still have to install MB 5 myself it’s been sitting on my shelf for the last week. [/B]

Very odd… actually Adam, I have had a few full on Cinema quits with no error message using the CB tool when I was switching back and forth between 2 files. Hasn’t happened today but we’ll see. It was when I closed my reference file and said I didn’t want to save any changes (I wasn’t quitting Cinema, just closing the file.) Still, maybe I was smoking crack or something.

FlyingP: Have you had other things on your mind? Like boning and mapping? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by wesware
FlyingP: Have you had other things on your mind? Like boning and mapping? :slight_smile:

Work, that and the fact that my wife and I are expecting our first child in the next couple of weeks, I’ve been building baby things.

Originally posted by flyingP
Work, that and the fact that my wife and I are expecting our first child in the next couple of weeks, I’ve been building baby things.

Congradulations… Do you know boy or girl?
Get ready for one heck of a ride for sure…
I am 16 months into my first child…and he is 120% boy!
Thats him in my new Avatar (as of 20 seconds ago)

They say a boy, if it’s a girl she is going to get a rather unusual name (we couldn’t agree on a girl one) and a lot of boy coloured clothing to start with, actually it is amazing just how much blue and pink clothing they still produce for children.

cheers.

Yeah, we didn’t find out… so our boy wore alot of green, yellow, and orange when he first came home :slight_smile:

Now make that pig fly! And Adam, make that Grinch…well, grinch.

Originally posted by pit
[B]Thanks a lot, Adam!
Want to give a quadroped a go in MB this weekend - we´ll see how that turns out. Did you try that?

Flingster - download the MB VTM´s at www.3dbuzz.com. You´ll have to register in order to do so. [/B]

sorry pit just got back and seen your message will take a look at them…i have MB now…but its gonna take a back seat…whilst i get 8.5 and s&t loaded on for now…:thumbsup:

flyingp: congrats bud…

wesware: like the personalised avatar…v cool…more real than real.

Hi Flingster,

check these out to wet your appetite:

S&T and 8.5… mmmmhhhh… you´ll enjoy it! Have fun!

Cheers

cheers pit for the link…will take a lookie…
i’m totally looking forward to messing about with all my new goodies…
on the motionbuilder front…as everyone probably knows i never do ca or animation for that matter…so its gonna be a whole new learning curve for me…something i’m looking forward to…but hopefully you guys can be patient with me as always whilst i scramble to find my feet.

want to look at 8.5 and sketch for now…like new material stuff from what i can see in 8.5…but not keen on layout thing/method…seems so boring and interfacey if you know what i mean…but thats just me as its functional from what i can tell. obviously need more time playing with it…so no flames yet guys…

:thumbsup:

@Flingster:
Did you buy the Jeff Lew CA DVD? If not, you should. That´ll bring up to speed with the basic concepts of CA. Highly recommended. Want to see your Pink Panther perform some cool moves soon. :slight_smile:

www.jefflew.com