what works not:
- nodeEditor: still no container support ( and still one of the most needed functionality at least for me)
- hypergraph: moving a node inside a container can still result in the whole container being moved (not in the same direction)
- obviously, the ‘too many attributes on custom node lead to various errors’ problem is gone : )
- The layout of nodes in a container is no longer lost in Hypershade
- crashing Maya gives now the stack trace of the last function calls in the output window, wooooo…
- for many, many years I thought it would have been my bad programming that makes Maya scenes, which have my own custom
dataType (MPxData), crash when I close these scenes or close Maya. It took me a lot of time ( I mean a_lot ) to find the reason, but I failed.
And now, with Maya2018, the crashes are gone, great!