Maya Reverse Heirarchy flipping problem

Hey guys, I switched to Maya 6 and I was redoing that tutorial from the Maya Foundation book “Primitive Man” In Chapter 16(I never had problems with this before by the way) no matter how many times I try to constrain the toe_control joint to the ball joint and then the ball_control joint to the ankle joint it flips on me when I add an orient constraint. Any ideas? Is there something I’m missing because it’s Maya6 and not 5 now?

I dont remember doing that tutorial. But when ever I have fliping joints when trying to coinstrain them I orient the joints again and make sure that the axis are setting right on top of each other.

Ya your right, I just went in and selected the joints I orient constrained that were flipping and then in the attribute editor I rotated them 180 degrees along the axis that was flipping and that fixed my problem. Thanks my friend

I was havving that happen to me during the same tutorial, I don’t believe it tells you to check maintain offset in the options box. Thats what I did and it worked for me…hope this works for you to.

I also was having the flip problem, changing the values in the attribute editor is a temporary fix and it will revert back to its flipped position becouse I tried your technique. But I did find out what was doing it, in the options box when adding your constraints the default settings have to be changed. Just check maintain offset when adding your constraint, I know I was doing that same tutorial I it doesn’t say to but it worked for me.

Rhett

Thanks for helping me out guys.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.