Maya Help not working

Im using maya 6, i think something is blocking me from accessing the maya help files, i’ve had this problem before and it had something to do with my firewall, but i’ve checked that now, Ive also read the help files ‘If help files is not working’- But no joy, so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know, i need that stuff to keep me going,

Cheers,

Rodi

What firewall package are you using? You need to open port 4444…
http://www.alias.com/eng/support/maya/knowledgebase/systems/2502.jhtml

n8

hi there, Im using Mcaffee- I’ve just checked the contents of the ‘docs’ folder, theres not much there should it be this empty?

Is that the free PLE version?

n8

Sometimes I have problems accessing the help from wihin maya. I just go via the start menu. (I beleive its called “start Maya help server” or something similar)

I had the same problem 3 days ago. In my case it was the firewall.

java.exe was blocked by the FW. This caused the problem.

in the Tools menu of Internet Explorer go to InternetOptions>Connections> and click on the LAN Settings button.
Here you should make sure that “ypass proxy server for local addresses” is marked.
This solved my probs with Maya help.

Neverman, it’s the full pro version-

Sometimes I have problems accessing the help from wihin maya. I just go via the start menu. (I beleive its called “start Maya help server” or something similar)

its strange i dont see ‘start maya help server’ but im sure i’ve used it before, somehow i dont think help is installed, theres hardly anything in the docs folder!! but i’ve re-installed a few times, mind you I cant even un-install properly, I do it manually.

RentaLLMay, i tried your suggestion also but no joy- im gonna try and do a clean uninstall from control panel but it gives me an error message.
So much hassle to get a simple thing working-why cant it just be like max’s help…hehe sorry…

When i try and uninstall this is the error message i get: 'Error 1713.Maya 6.0…
It must be because the help files are missing.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.