Maya Freez transformations

Is there any way to freeze one single attribute on a object in maya?

I.E. I know you can freeze rotations or translations only, but i want to specifically freeze Rot X individually.

Is this possible?

Maybe you can fudge it.

Start by freezing your rotations, then go to the Attribute Editor. Underneath the Transform Attributes section, there’s a section called Joint.

When your values aren’t frozen, it will look like this:

When you freeze them, they’ll look like this:

You’ll notice that the Joint Orient attributes are the same as the original rotational values.

What I did to fudge it was take the Joint Orient values from the Y and Z spots and move them back to their rotational value positions:

This will “zero out” your X axis while leaving the other two with their keyable rotational values.

I’m not sure why you’d want to do this, and I can’t promise nothing weird will happen, but that’s the solution I can think of for now…

A warning, though: you’ll also notice that the bone is not oriented in the same direction it was before. I don’t know that you’re going to get the orientation you wanted with this.

I don’t think freezing just one is possible since the three dimensions are inseparably connected. Having one at zero means the others must point in their respective directions.