Maya Error "Unable to create a movie file, it may be open in another application?"

Hi guys,

I’m brand new to Maya and I’ve been reading this book called “Introducing Maya 2013” and I just got done with this solar system project. I’m trying to use the Playblast option but every time I click on Playblast I get an Error that says “//Error: line 0: Unable to create a movie file. It may be open by another application.” So I quit the Maya application and restarted it and tried to use playblast again, but to no avail. I’m using a Macbook Pro 15 (Late 2011 Model) with 8 GB RAM and 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor with a 750 GB hybrid hard drive/solid state drive. Can someone please help me get around this issue? Is there another way to output a scene so that I can watch the playback?

Hi,
What are your settings in the playblast options set to? Is ‘save to file’ checked on? Perhaps it saved your playblast and opened it already? but you probably would have noticed if it had opened.

Do you have any movie player playing the previous playblast?

No it doesn’t look like it. I’ve closed all my video playing programs just in case. Here are my playblast settings. I’m also using a Mac. The image is in windows because I have playblast working on my HP laptop. I’m just trying to get it to work on my Mac though because that’s mainly what I use.

http://s18.postimage.org/otjzlt5d5/playblastsettings.png

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.