hello everybody, i haven’t posted here in a long while. pretty busy with school work and what not. anyways, currently working on an auto rig on the side aside from school work. i thought i’d share my progress here. any questions and inputs are much welcome. i dunno all that much about scripting, but hey, we are all learning right?
k. part one, auto joint script is pretty much all done.
there wasn’t a much challenge… just tidious work, specially the hand. joint orienting wasn’t much of an issue, just constraining the joints to the locators then freezing the joints later on when they are properly parented.
oh setting up the naming convention for the pipeline is always fun… right. i’ve decided to keep the names short as possible. i don’t really think long names will count into that much of a cpu calculation, but i’ll do it anyways.
here’s what’s completed so far…
step 1, import the locators
step 2, import the geo of the model (*modeled by YOYO, http://www.studioqube.com/yoyo)
step 4, run the magical script
step 5, delete the locators and done!
so that’s it for now. i gotta re-edit my autorig scripts for the leg and the hands that i’ve worked on few months ago… then write the rest. thinking about putting in a fk leg setup. this skeleton setup isn’t meant to generate spurs. i’d like to make a basic biped setup that could be used as a good base for further rigging.