trying to get the features we vfx workers or your boss needed not in maya 2019 … so for maya 2020
- working viewports with transparency. with any videocard vfx company is using ie must include lower end specs.
- sculpting with layers and dynamesh equivalent
- texture painting with layers and zbrush polypaint equivalent, bezier patterning
- auto retopology with guides
- terrain system with erosion and flowmaps
- fast fluid system for rivers
- atmosphere system for clouds fogs god rays
- branching system for trees and plants
- grouped instances with parametric history
- new node system like houdini or nuke
- full parametric history see 10. swappable nodes
- fast noise free renderer
- being able to render an animation on a single computer not a render farm.
- nuke like comper
- working referencing
- spline for boolean modelling and max like lofts and cutting
- filleted booleans with history like hardmesh
- ease of use interface
- full nurbs with parametric history
- no twisted animation paths see bezier splines
- working path deformer nodes see any parametric nodes
essentially a 3d parametric world painting modelling system with dynamics
Have been told its outside the mythical “pipeline”
availiable only for the elite illuminatti who can time travel to 2030.
look in cgsocietys gallery for illuminatti, follow the illuminatti, follow the illuminatti.
though wondering how long in days the illuminatti samples take.
attempts to sculpt and texture in maya show its best left to the pipeline not to maya,
Where is this mythical pipeline thats for them to know and you to find out,
probably weta or ilm. fat load of good that does you and your laptop if you are
really in need of one, …ride the brain bareback… mentat. tap tap.
Been told by the 12 th star illuminatti you have to imagine “visualise” the features you need in maya.
write it on a piece of paper and think of it everyday, till it appears.
so everyday i will visualise a houdini like node editor, and those features on the list.
Does that mean autodesk have to write it as well on a bit of paper. ask the illuminatti
A little bird called “node” standing on the pipeline on the 12th star
had a shit could be portentous not sure which way to read it.
tapping the pipe hes getting a ringing sound good for monks
but not looking good for production
tap tap “who controls the pipeline controls the visions of humanity”
overall my review of maya 2019, no changes for the vfx pipeline suits them
maya cannot operate without the pipeline.
for the hopes of single users no pipeline, producing an animation on a single pc in
maya and arnold alone with no built in comping,
or texturing,and crappy sculpting program, 20 mins a frame? still not viable
maya without zbrush is positively scary. ( maya500k poly crash)
your best hopes are blender , its comping,texturing, sculpting eevee.
maybe slightly gamey look but you will get the animation out.
not that someone who wishes to stay in the vfx industry,
carry on in those dark 1m grey boxes.
meet any vfx shop owner in the street, who is game
to carry on that practise, expect the full force
of the 12th star.
a 10 yard walk in nature beats maya or blender hands down ,its free.
tarot la fool (thinks 3d is damn slow with or without the pipeline.)