Maya 2012

Looking forward for MAYA 2012! :wink:

Als

ditto. mum’s the word, of course.

Meh, 2013’s where it’s at!

really? I’m actually looking backwards to maya 7. aah… the time when you could actually undo your transforms and move a vertex without maya blowing up in your face.

really? I’m actually looking backwards to maya 7. aah… the time when you could actually undo your transforms and move a vertex without maya blowing up in your face.

Press z to undo, and to move a vertex, select it and press w. Hope this helps.

Have you actually tried using 2011? we started using it for a project after the release of sp2. it took 2 days until we all decided to go back to 2010 because 2011 constantly crashed for no particular reason. so… you got any hotkeys you think I forgot to press that fixes that? if you do, please share your wisdom.

The same here. Undo does not always work on vertex.

… back to 2010

Same here, when i was working on 2009 i was like

but then we switch to 2011 and now i’m

sad but true :confused:

From 2012 i only want stability, predictability and couple of small improvements like keeping my new icons in shelf or scrips after maya crush etc.

I’m not screaming give me 2012 now, i want it when it will be rock solid even if it take 2 years but we probably will get it too soon and too buggy :confused:
Let’s hope not

Ive not even upgraded from the first release of 2011. I have no beef with it at all apart from hypershade slowing down once Ive got my fat arse textures slowing things down. Update your drivers/OS whatever else is causing the issues because 2011 works fine for me.

Never had too much problems with 2011, I agree it isn’t perfect, and features are getting in slow as hell, its like autodesk is prioritizing 3ds max and others softwares. But at least on my side (dynamics) I give a lot of props to duncan for bringing such nice features on 2011. Cant say much about anything else.

I might burn my tongue on this, but I wish Alias was still in charge.

Everybody is expecting a breakthrough release but I guess Maya2012 will let this historic opportunity fade away with bug fixes. + Maybe a couple of aquired plugins hammered ontop of it :wip:

If you want specific bugs fixed in the next version of Maya then report them to Autodesk and/or to Thnkr now…

http://bugs.thnkr.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Is there a Sp 2? Did I miss something?

sorry, typo. sp1

The only feature I want in maya 2012 if stability. I don’t care about anything else. I don’t want any new features at all. just pleeeease make the ones that’s allready in there stable.
Since 2011 is such crap, we’re considering not renewing our subscriptions. For us, it’s not even usable in production. why would we wanna pay for a program that don’t work? we’ll keep using 2010 until there’s a decent alternative.

From the first post, one would guess that Maya 2012 has moved from alpha testing to beta testing phase.

Originally Posted by InfernalDarkness
Press z to undo, and to move a vertex, select it and press w. Hope this helps.

Have you actually tried using 2011? we started using it for a project after the release of sp2. it took 2 days until we all decided to go back to 2010 because 2011 constantly crashed for no particular reason. so… you got any hotkeys you think I forgot to press that fixes that? if you do, please share your wisdom.

Sorry, LostParanoia, I have not. I still use Maya 2009 for its stability and since 2010 and 2011 brought no new features to the table which were useful to me in my work. The point of my sardonic post was to bring to your attention that user error and user misinformation is often subjective, and your statement that you wanted to go back to Maya 7 was just laughable.

Nobody’s stopping you - go back to Maya 7 already if you prefer it. I prefer 2009 and will stick with it here until they produce a newer tool that makes my work easier or better. Nobody’s making you upgrade.

you couldn’t pay me to go back to any 32 bit maya…

Is there any info , on which new features autodesk is working?

Where you there when he/she said that? I’d pay to go back in time see you face :scream:

everyone’s been assuming viewport 2.0 will become more functional and that linear workflow will be better supported