Max 2010 sp1 DirectX 10 settings not sticking (display all triangles)

I am having a REALLY hard time getting my graphics settings to stick. I tried to get the match bitmap sizes setting in DirectX 9 and it wouldn’t remember the setting, so I switched to DirectX10 and that kinda fixed the bitmap size setting problem, but its showing all triangles.

I turn off show all triangles in the settings, and nothing happens, so I restart max, and the settings have all reverted. Its not saving my preferences when I go to customize, preferences, viewports, configure driver.

I’m running 2010 64 bit sp1 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Ok, update…I tried running 3ds max as administrator (right click, run as administrator) and the settings stuck…BUT…they aren’t working…even though the preferences SAY its not showing all triangles, its still showing all triangles. This sucks.

DirectX9 is the currently recommended display driver for 3ds max. You can use DX10, but there is no guarantee on the performance you may or may not get. Also all features may not be supported through DX10.

-Eric

EvilArkana, I get the same thing. What Pixel is saying is correct. Use dx9.

Mahlon

I read elsewhere that with Vista/7 you need to make sure you are running as Administrator for settings to be sticky between sessions. Right Click the shortcut/.exe and choose “Run as Administrator”.

-Eric

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.