Matte Painting CGPortfolio Challenge

Our first challenge - finishing 2nd Dec. Winners will be posted in this thread.

The first two winners in our CGPortfolio Upload competition - Matte Painting as selected by David Luong and Milan Schere are:

1. “Lost City” by Tony-Andreas Rudolph

Tony-Andreas describes his work as “Inspired by The Last of us and I am Legend. Here is a matte painting I did for my showreel. It took me a while to finish this one, but I learned a lot from it. I hope you like it.” See Tony-Andreas’ full CGPortfolio here

Judge David Luong describes it as, “A very nice post apocalyptic piece. Wonderful vegetation additions, and destruction on the buildings. The lighting and shadows on the elements are very believable with a photo real exposure. The atmosphere and perspective is very solid.”

1. “Kreola” by Akim Fimin

Akim says, “This work was made for digital matte painting challenge “Kreola”. The main goal was to take plate image as base and create a new backgroung based on “The Kreola” script.” His CGPortfolio is here .

Judge Milan Schere explains, “Akim’s execution is excellent and his 3D integration brilliant. He impressively demonstrates large scale and the entire Matte Painting is very well balanced.”

Congratulations Akim and Tony-Andreas! You’re equal winners and will receive a slip-case copy of Matte Painting 3, and a CGTOD of your choice.

Awesome.
Thanks a lot to David Luong, Milan Schere and the cgsociety, cgworkshops and ballistic publishing team! Thanks Buscat.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.