Matchmoving Issues With This Shot

Hello I’m having a real hard time matchmoving this shot in Boujou. I featured tracked, I target tracked the markers on the blue screen, I target tracked the doors during the pan. I’m assuming it’s because of the lack of depth information but I’ve seen films like Star Wars Episode 3 with actors completely filling the frame with a few trackers in back… Anybody out there have an idea? I feel like I just may be missing something simple that is preventing me from doing this shot? This is also Anamorphic footage and it’s my first time dealing with it.

https://vimeo.com/311381302/5d59059405

Okay so with some great gudience and ideas from an awesome dude I was able to solve the shot. With no parallax I wasn’t able to generate a matchmove however, I solved the shot as a nodal pan for the blue screen section and it was a great work around and is going to allow me to finish the shot.

From what I understand you can use survey data from a 3D Model I’d create of the set. That’s the next thing I’m going to try to do to give myself a parallax and a solid 3D camera. The nodal pan is a pretty solid back up solution for this shot however.

Hi @VGriffith as a matchmover myself, have worked in MPC, DNEG, THE MILL.

I’m not used to boujou just used one time I guess, since most of the indusrty uses 3DEQUALIZER.
Anamorphic plates are so typical, had to be careful with the disortion since it is bit complex compared to spherical to calculate. This shot has parallax, this can’t be nodal. Since it has no FG point to track, It can’t solve I guess.

Since U solved as a nodal the CG wont stick in FG I guess, If the scope of work is in only BG or some other else means fine. In case if you need a tight track overall, artist might track the FG girl character and reduce the point weight and they will smooth out the translations lock it, and then solve for rotations.

I’m not sure whether you can play like this in boujou. Cheers.

I’m not an expert but:0 - 0:13, the first 13 seconds, should track just fine.

After that, the pan on the background is too fast. It’s like you used a Long focal-length and a large aperture to achieve the blurred-background except that in this instance you don’t want the bokeh. Also, the motion-blur at 24fps is really high and very difficult to achieve areas of high contrast. At 0:17 look how blurry and elongated those “Squares” are.