Master and Servant Challenge FAQ/Answers/Questions (Update 24 March 2005)

Walrus: great idea dude!

Squib: lol! uhm. yup. I’m used to the feeling to know nothing… makes life interresting u know :confused:

yeh i got my winners email today… didn’t you ?.. :rolleyes: :wink:

eddieellis : Errr… just a VERY naive question :Are you kidding or is it true ?
the1st_angel : interesting or stressing ?

Breaking news---- Breaking news ---- Breaking news

[color=Yellow]The CGNETWORK judges have been abducted by some alien tripods.
The challenge’s results can’t be announced.

[/color][u]Breaking news---- Breaking news ---- Breaking news

[/u]Sorry, I’m just trying to evacuate the tension. He He

Pixelkeg - thanks for the recommendation, I’ll have to check it out!

angel - thanks! (not like i’m saying anything that new! :slight_smile: )

spacesnail - maybe eddie is the one piloting the tripods?

and as for all this waiting for the results, I only have one comment to add:
AAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRGGGH! :scream:

-mike

No, no, you’re doing it all wrong. You need to do it in a higher octave, like this:

AAAaaaaaaaaaAAArrrggggHHH…

Just kidding dude…

IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Now I can take a deep breathe and wait for the results

No, no, you’re doing it all wrong. You need to do it in a higher octave

Sorry, that’s my Yank accent! :slight_smile:

But you know, now that they’re not doing a collected M&S book, there’s no need for CGTalk to get any large files from anyone in advance to publish eventually. Sure they may at some point to some articles on people’s step-by-steps, but they don’t have to have the large files so for all we know, they may not need to contact anyone before they know the results. Dunno whether that makes the waiting easier or harder, but there it is…

The final stage of judging is mostly done (4/5ths maybe?). Once that’s finished and I tally up the results, we’ll make a page of the winners and announce it to the world :slight_smile:

It’s highly unlikely we’ll stop asking for print-res images - we still want to drive people to work at what I guess are “commercial resolutions”, what you’d do for a professional client. We also want to drive people to create good art for books that we print - previous challenge entries have already ended up in EXPOSE’, for instance, and I’ve got a pretty good feeling that several M&S ones will end up in EXPOSE’4.

AAAaaaaaaaaaAAArrrggggHHH…

The castle? :wink:

Aaarg…kuff…kuff…kuff…sorry :blush: I tried my best

Thanks for informations Robert about the challenge :thumbsup:

I think as you that commercial size required for these challenges is a good thing. You try to have the best quality of artworks here, and only high resolutions permit that… and it’s a true good training for our skill. Personnally, there’s a long time I do very big pictures… that permit me, but also my friend and my family, to watch my creations, printed on photo paper in large size, and especially out of a computer screen, and for why not, in a frame :slight_smile:

As exemple, in 2001, I do a series of 10 egyptian pictures… …in 12000 x 8000… that permit to print them in 70x100 cm in 300 dpi… and sincerely, I don’t regret, because the printed versions of these realizations continue to be appreciated by many people.

Since this time, I took the practice of these high resolutions, which give the chance to prolong the pleasure of the image created. I think that’s very important, especially when we knows the time of realization of such images.

Then, I’m really happy that doesn’t change for the contests to come.

Seeya

Lemog…

Hi-res needs more details to work with and I like that :slight_smile:

Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government!

Such a good movie!

People: Mibus is just waiting for me to go on holiday before announcing the winners. Ok, ok, no need to throw stones, I’m going tomorrow!:scream:

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

:D:D:D Couldn’t resist.

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!

“what’s your favorite color ?” hinhin !!
I’m really waiting for the results !!!:bounce:

orange…i can’t wait too :bounce: good luck everybody

“Blue. No, yel-”

“Blue. No, yel-”

“Whaaaaaaaa!”

anything new??? the silence is killlling me :scream: