Master and Servant 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

hi dimitri!
this is going really well, I like the volumetric effects and the blowing curtains just watch out this:
on the left upper part you can see the polygons on the curtains’ edge, I mean it is nothing but subdivision needed. It´s not very noticeable but once you print it it will be a pity to see that.

:thumbsup: :bounce:

Thanks Lady :thumbsup: …fixed that and made the curtains more floating from the air…

The problem that i have (…arghh…) is that i had to make instances out of the colums 'cuase the High Res render was crashing (damn pc’s :scream: …i want XSI on MAC… :D) …i guess 2 gigs of memory aren’t enough for this to render in high quality…still fighting with my pc (since morning…daaaa)

:wip:

I’m not sure what it is Dimitris but there is something odd with the shader of the billowing curtains. I hope you don’t mind but I made a pic to show you what I’m talking about. The transparent areas look like flat polys with a white texture map making them look flat and on one area the curtain seems to be solid from 1 side. maybe it is a double vs single sided issue.

later

Thanks friend…don’t worry they are not like this final …they are without textures in prev post…i fixed that too…but really thanks for taking the time to paint over and keep my attention to this … :applause: …much appreciate this… :thumbsup:

Hi dimitri, great job my friend i hope the best for this project you really deserve it with the amount of work you put in to it. cant wait to see the final .

<Greek mode> Na se kala file mou, kalh epituxia na exeis . Ekanes kai gamw tis douleies:scream::thumbsup::bounce::bounce::beer: </Greek mode>

cool, just making sure… keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Excellent Rendering man.:applause:
Hope to see the other stages!

Yeah man… next steps… your lighting is really pretty but appear a bit flat for me… but I’m sure with the characters that will be better and okay… I’m waiting that impatiently… go Dimi… :thumbsup:

You greek guys with sence for beauty.Darn it.
BUT IM GLAD TO HEAR THAT SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDE ME HAS PROBLEMS WITH PC PERFORMANCE.I thought I was the only one. :slight_smile:

Keep it strong Dimitri :thumbsup:

Thanks guys…i am rendering the layers now (already finished two …two more to go).

AIR …ahahhaha…thanks man …found solution to my problem …i just made one extra layer that i was suspecting i will from the start… :banghead: …(your work is awesome man…finish this …please)

Lemog …i know my friend what u mean…i think i have fixed this …anyway there is no way back now for this …i hope u like the result…u are doing awesome work too as always … :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

adel3d … thanks my friend …i will post all final stages soon…now it’s just renderings for me…i am working like crazy in a new project :banghead: :wip: :banghead: …lol

Agamemnwn …thank u very much friend…much appreciate your kind words…the best part was that in this i learned a lot about XSI and ZBrush… :love:

Next post will be composition layers and final Image…very soon i hope now… :argh:

Hi dimitri, great! i cant wait to see the final :thumbsup::scream:

:thumbsup:

Nice work. I like the chain. that make sens. the relationship between the master and the amazon.
Great texture work on the master.
I like the lighting of the set. But we can’t read the material of the different element in the pool of light. It doesnt look like that much strong. There is no effect of exposition. Don’t forget. Even transparent cast shadow.
:thumbsup::twisted::eek::buttrock::applause::D:deal:

Happy layer rendering Dimitri (going through the same horror :banghead: )

lighting looking v.good man… the patterns on the curtains are just owning me… wow!
I think work a bit on the curtain shader itself like Snows pointed out… otherwise full steam ahead!

Now, I know you very well… and I’m sure you reserve to us good surprise… another masterpiece… you have the power of your art man… use it :thumbsup:

lol, nice update on the avatar, Dimi !
Surely, you earned the title
“animator”

:thumbsup: Man you are just aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome! Lighting is great (and so does the rest of the model). Keep up and show us all your talent!:thumbsup:

Absolutly AMAZIIIIIIIING :bounce: FRIEND!

Great lighting!
…! I think that shader of the curtains needs more attention

Enough with eenvironment now !

…GIVE US BACK SOME A$$ !!!%#^@$%&@$%

I’m with chris on this one!

Give us some @$$