Master and Servant 3D Entry: Arkadiy Demchenko

Arkadiy Demchenko has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final

Ok, here it is. Now I’m going to have some sleep (two last nights were sleepless).

First of all, not an artist blah-blah-blah… :slight_smile:

This was the first idea - of one man controlling and acting as another one by putting his skin on. Then I thought maybe that one doesn’t suite for the contest for obvious reasons… No probs for me, but my opinion could be incosistent with admins’. Still want a qualified word on this matter.

And here is the new one.

Just my interpretation of Amur ‘job’ :slight_smile: Amur uses these two people as dolls, marionettes or smth. There’s a type of dolls in theatres that are to be put on Puppet Master’s fingers. So, well, here it is - the big guy manipulates people by stickimg his fingers inside the body parts of them.

There should be wings for Amur, but I just didn’t draw them.

идейка не плохайя которая не та где ноги отрезают… ЗЫ…

Вообщим удачи…

Ногу не отрезают - всего навсего снимают с нее кожу :wink:

Spent several hours today - don’t actually know whether I’ll be able to finish this project 'cause of the lack of time. But I’ll do my best :wink:

Here’s a first step of modeling of Amur - still pretty raw, shall add details and improve existing ones. (Just wanted to say, that I’m not dead already :D)

Quads only. Shader - just a misss_fast_simple for preview.

Comments are welcome.

Wow, so crowded here :smiley:

Well, I suppose this is the final model of Amur’s head. Maybe I’ll make just a little more corrections and extras to it later.

It seems I need to find more time for the contest and work faster :wink:

Great looking model!

I have a stupid question. What are you doing to go from the low poly model. (lower portion of the pick) to the high poly render. (upper portion)

are you simply doing a polygon smooth before you render? or is it some sort of hidden button I don’t know about?

thanks. looking great so far!

-Matt

Thanks.

Yeap, that’s just a simple smooth - no magic at all. But only for now - I’m going to put extra details I mentioned and shape the forms better on each level of smoothing with artisan (I’m using Maya), but later - now I just want to model everything first and only after that to spend time on details.

Makes sense.

I am using the same method for my model. This modeling method is new to me, but seems to be a quick and easy way to add detail to a posed model.

I don’t think I would do it on something I would animate…but for now, this works well.

-Matt

I am using the same method for my model. This modeling method is new to me, but seems to be a quick and easy way to add detail to a posed model.

I don’t think I would do it on something I would animate…but for now, this works well.

My method is ‘everything out of a polyCube’ :wink: And you seem to use ‘separate parts, then connect them’. I used this technique (the difference was - I started with custom polygon and then extruded edges), but have found ‘polyCube’ much better for myself.

Cool you did it, I didn’t dare to make my character bite his lips.

Great modeling.

:thumbsup:

good man… i like the expression… waiting to see more ! cya !

Thanks, more updates soon.

A hand for a big guy. I’ve decided that it’d be more comfortable to pose fingers sticking into people bodies while having it separeted.

Skinned it, but won’t do any corrective blenshapes or stuff - will just pose it and sculpt the mesh in final comp.

HI Arkadiy!

It’s me,Roman aka cdROM.

Really great start
I hope you will manage to finish all… hard work is to be done here . For now you got great sketches, and nice ideas… and more to come…

good luck!

HI Arkadiy!
It’s me,Roman aka cdROM.

Really great start
I hope you will manage to finish all… hard work is to be done here . For now you got great sketches, and nice ideas… and more to come…

good luck!

Hi, Roman. I thought you never liked my gore ideas :wink: And I also thought you don’t know english :smiley:

Thanks. Nice to see you here.

Hi Sagroth.

great work you’re doing and by the way I would love to know more about your puppet animation you told me about in my thread.

:thumbsup:

Hi. The project hasn’t a big progress yet and is frozen now while I’m making M&S submission. I have a web-site for it and other stuff - just look for Sigillarium in my signature :wink: Web-site is pretty new and contains only little test video-clip/trailer, some more could be found here: http://www.3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=22577
Thanks for your interest.