Master and Servant 2D Entry: yann Tisseron

yann Tisseron has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The chinese master

This is the final image. Finally I’m very happy to participate for the first time !!!

-cOrbeau-

This is my contribution for the Master and servant chalenge. I would like to do a beast and a chinese old man.The relationship between the two characters is magic. The man is dominating the beast but it’s quite odd because the beast is stronger than the old man in real. I would like to focus myself on the light which is very important regarding the drama and the magical aspect of the scene. The contrast and the light/dark as well is very important and strengthen the realtionship between the two characters.

-cOrbeau-

This is the line art. Very simple.

The first colors are here , I’m ok to continue.

I begin to find some ideas for the ambiance…

Here , I begin to start a background , to equilibrate the image an put a red/green contrast to make sens.

incredible light,…and what an amazing world in your mind. Keep on this way, my friend

Thank you twisteums , I try to post all the WIP because I maked this image in four days and I did’nt knew how to post for enter the chalenge. Sorry for my poor english.

very good illustration, the lighting & mood are indeed fabulous :slight_smile:

don’t forget to upload the following milestones though :

Concept Sketch
Line Art
Coloring WIP
Final Coloring
Final Image - JPG (online) AND print resolution TIF (FTP)

I would like to make a beast and a chinese old man.The relationship between the two characters is magic. The man is dominating the beast but it’s quite odd because the beast is stronger than the old man in real. I would like to focus myself on the light which is very important regarding the drama and the magical aspect of the scene. The contrast and the light/dark as well is very important and strengthen the realtionship between the two characters.

-cOrbeau-

c sympa tout ca^^
en plus ca me dit qqchose tes trucs, j’ai du deja en voir sur cafésalé jcrois
allez hop on se dépeche c bientot finit le challenge machin la!!:stuck_out_tongue:

(sorry for all the non french speaker fufufu)

This is a very interesting image. I like that it is dark and most of the light comes from the lamp. The old man seem vulnerable next to the beast, but he is clearly in charge.

dude, that was quick!! hehehe… good luck, this is gonna be a great piece!:thumbsup:

The format has been changed , finally I need more space around the characters. This is not definitive , but I can change finaly…

Too red ! too red. Use your brain and the complementary colors , human will be more at the first plan. I ues the green for the monster and red for the human , this is to reinforce the relationship/ contradiction between the two characters.

didn’t care about this one before. it’s really nice. locve the colors.

Just a detail who takes me time just to find cold and hots colors in light , but just a little variation. It’s look good I hope.

I think the image is finished , some details were changed , like the arm of the moster and other…the opposition of the colors ; cold/hot , green/red complementary colors , give all his sens to the image. Really what I wanted to do. Hope you like.

This is the final image. Finally I’m very happy to participate for the first time !!!

-cOrbeau-

Looks great. Good luck.