Master and Servant 2D Entry: Simon Bull

hello again…had another busy night and had to stay back at work so i only got a bit done tonight…

started working on the dolphin…and before anyone says anything YES it is a dolphin…jst not one of those ones with the pointy noses (bottle nosed??)

anyways i wanna get him in so i can see what i need to do…make him cyber or not…i still dont like the idea of stuff comming out of him as it would look a bit cruel…its supposed to be a happy dolphin…and i wouldnt be haappy if i had heaps of crap drilled into me by stupid humans…in the start i wanted t think of him as just having line Nano stuff in him to control the ship but of course that doesnt tell the story very well…anways i guess ill ust have to see how it goes…but i intend to keep the dolphin environment looking once happy…just dunno how as of yet…

CYB

prepare for update madness again as ive got no work tomorrow (i hope ), i sit back with some beer and do some serious painting :0

gonna do some quick work on the tank now and then work outwards…i think its the focus of the piece so i wanna get it in nice :slight_smile:

Interesting theme you have going there… reminds me a bit of Willam Gibson’s ‘Johnny Mnemonic’ - that is the short story, not the badly done movie. Interesting to see how it goes. I’ve also gotta say i agree with Groady a little in that there needs to be a little more insinuation of the dolphin’s control. Looking good though.

@redfrog

Yeah man i 10003% agree…but the question is how to do it without making the slave look too much of a slave in the evil sense

dictionary meaning of slave…
“One BOUND in servitude as the property of a person or household.”

the key word in my story it the binding…its a bond of more than service…

i got some ideas but dunno if inm gonna try them out tonight…but dont worry its a major issue on my mind :slight_smile:

but of course thanks for the comments…keeps em streaming :0

CYb

gonna do some quick work on the tank now and then work outwards…i think its the focus of the piece so i wanna get it in nice :slight_smile:

starting the tank reflect to see whats needed…

i want to mainly work on the tank for a little…see how it goes and what i need to work on …

( ^u^ )/

getting in the bottom of the tank now…

its getting alot slower as i go…alot of reworking over the crappy layers that i did to start with…also gettig a little drunk…lol

having fun tho…love to know what a few more people think…

CYB

Interesting idea, The colouring of the tank and dolphin looks cool. :slight_smile:

Maybe the tank needs something in the back… just to balance the composition out…just a thought :slight_smile:

Wow man, nice work…BAM!

That’s quite impressive, it’s coming along so well. Love the distortion through the glass in the latest edition. Keep it coming man.

just spent 20 befoe work doing a little smoothing of the floor and back wall…
will do a little more after dinner tonignt if i can

HAVE FUN!!

CYB

just addinbg more detail a little at a time before and after work each night as im really busy…

tonight i fixedup some of the lines on the left…made them straight and mre into perspective…

added some more fallen wires and cleaned up that area a little…fixed the lines aroung the ladder well a little too…

will do a bit mopre tomorrow night too…

CYB

Ooh, I like the little warning on the computer terminal at the back. The message came a little late for him though didn’t it. lol

man… i cant get over how much this reminds me of junny mnemonic… if that is how you spell that … great movie from way back when.

man… i cant get over how much this reminds me of junny mnemonic…

i know that ive seen it althought i cant remember anything about the movie…

does it really look like something from the movie?
id love to know how so…

anyay more updates on the work again later tonight…more cleaning up and
working the straight lines back into the painting…

CYB

You have been doing some nice progress. I really like the colours so far. I have one suggestion I’d like to make. It is just an idea but it would be interesting to see just a little bit of blood to make the situation a little more serious. Perhaps have the character’s hand stained with blood and as he reaches out to touch the glass there is a little bit of blood spread across the glass. I wouldn’t glorify the blood but make it feel little bit serious I think. Just an idea, I like your piece either way. :slight_smile:

I have one suggestion I’d like to make. It is just an idea but it would be interesting to see just a little bit of blood to make the situation a little more serious. Perhaps have the character’s hand stained with blood and as he reaches out to touch the glass there is a little bit of blood spread across the glass.

yup thats on the cards for sure…
my intention is to have some smears of blood around the bady on the ground and also
on his face and neck…also i had also wanted to make it like his hand had slid on the glass tank and left a blood smear…i did a few tests a while back and i think i can pull it off with out making it at all gory…more of a touching feeling then a yucky feeling…

my intentions at this stage are mainly to get the base layer down and have all the lines straight and shaded…then ill ad the details…

Still got a hell of a long way to go tho…hehe

thanks for the suggestions…im trying to take as many of them on board as i can…

CYB

again still redoing the lines in the colour version…its gonna take a while and its making me sleepy…or is it the beer?..hehe

gonna watch a dvd and then get back into it a little later tonight…

see yous then!!

looking good,made great progress since the beggining.

this is more like the back ground detail that im heading for…next i think ill do i do a dirt texture on the same part to see what i can do…