Master and Servant 2D Entry: Simon Bull

You have been doing some nice progress. I really like the colours so far. I have one suggestion I’d like to make. It is just an idea but it would be interesting to see just a little bit of blood to make the situation a little more serious. Perhaps have the character’s hand stained with blood and as he reaches out to touch the glass there is a little bit of blood spread across the glass. I wouldn’t glorify the blood but make it feel little bit serious I think. Just an idea, I like your piece either way. :slight_smile:

I have one suggestion I’d like to make. It is just an idea but it would be interesting to see just a little bit of blood to make the situation a little more serious. Perhaps have the character’s hand stained with blood and as he reaches out to touch the glass there is a little bit of blood spread across the glass.

yup thats on the cards for sure…
my intention is to have some smears of blood around the bady on the ground and also
on his face and neck…also i had also wanted to make it like his hand had slid on the glass tank and left a blood smear…i did a few tests a while back and i think i can pull it off with out making it at all gory…more of a touching feeling then a yucky feeling…

my intentions at this stage are mainly to get the base layer down and have all the lines straight and shaded…then ill ad the details…

Still got a hell of a long way to go tho…hehe

thanks for the suggestions…im trying to take as many of them on board as i can…

CYB

again still redoing the lines in the colour version…its gonna take a while and its making me sleepy…or is it the beer?..hehe

gonna watch a dvd and then get back into it a little later tonight…

see yous then!!

looking good,made great progress since the beggining.

this is more like the back ground detail that im heading for…next i think ill do i do a dirt texture on the same part to see what i can do…

i think this ladder id my focal point.

i know alot about compisition and if somewone says “nice comp” again i may kill them…

comp is about leading he eye and teh focus of tha lead…

ive got my own idea on where that lies but i want you to tell me where it is??

peace love and drunk cy bb

just a little test to see how it could look adged…what do yo think?

i think it looks too done ovr…maybe mre subtle and built up layers could look beteer…welll see how it goes…

really drunk now…lol…CYB

Nice composition! (^o^)/

Actually, I just wanted to reiterate what I told you last night as I don’t know how much alcohol you had in your system at the time:

I think that this image would be really, really nice if there was a final light bloom layer added in the final stages. The light around the ladder exit, the light coming from the dolphin, even the light dancing on the dolphin – it’d add to the dreamy “I’m about to die!” feeling you’ve got going.

I like the ageing and the extra detailing. An extra nice touch might be to add a bit of graffiti or even a sticker or something. It’d be cool if on the side wall there next to the ladder there was some sort of indicator as to what floor you’d arrived on? Maybe?

jus thought id do a little woek on the guy quickly tonight
as i havnt really been doing stuff that looks different for the posts before…ive mainly been working on cleaning up a little on the background…

but as you can see i made the guys rough head…still got to make it mtch the scene lighting a little more (i have around only the nose and eyes)…ill need to make the hair, neck and cheeks fit in…shouldnt be to hard…

anyway thats it for another night…

CYB

Cyb, this is looking extreemly F&*?! cool. Perhaps you should put a bowlers hat on the dolphin to lighten up the mood a bit, lol. I’m just being an idiot. Keep it up man, see you soon.

ok Ive been pretty busy of late but i managed do spend a little time on the painting tonight…

still redoing the lines around the ladder well…again…lol…
also redid the body shape and am starting to shade/color it a little…

redid the color on the face and hair to make it match the scene a little more…
still goto to redo the neck but now i think ill move onto the background a little again…think ill do the ladder…as i said before i think that wil be a main focus of the background so i wanna get it looking cool soon…

still got so much to do and so little free time that im worried that im gonna get it done to the standard that i want before the due date…

thinggs on the near futer things to do…

• redo the floor with my line pattern from the line are drawing (tile like lines that go out from the tank.

• details in teh dark back walls…machines and stuff only a little in the light…

• redo the computer screen and make a cool messaege/ critical warning screen to match…

• redraw the wires and fallen stuff on the left ogf the picture…

• the guys hands.

• finish the tank…glas distortions and reflection…(will be quite a task and may take ages to get it good…

• blood smears on the guy and tank from the guys hands…

• a dirt/ detail layer…stuff like clouds sticker and sign ideas that i really like…worn areas from where people moigh walk often or use an area often…scuff marks and the such…
    also alge in the tank and tiny floaties like real tank water…and just dirty the tank a little…

• cyber up the dolphin somehow to make it fit into the controlling the ship story a little better.

phew…theres more but i cant be bothered typing it…if anyone has any suggestions on any of the above please let rip!!

Also some more crits are always welcome…

Anyway reading time…

Have fun all.

Cyb

dude ur figures really coming out great after all the touch ups, great job!

of course ive been busy again…so not too much noticable stuff for a while…just little tweaks and nudges here and there…

one thing i did do tho was to put the ladder back in again…only rough but i think it looks heaps better than before with the back wall more one up…

next is more ladder work, more taank worh…redo the guys hair…and then well see where we can go from there…

id have to say that im happy with the pic so far…just wish i had more free time to do some real work on it insteaded of tiny touches each night…

anyway might still get there in the end…29 days left so should be sweet…

CYB

Oooh, I’m a sucker for trivial $h!t. I like the ladder. Looks V nice. The new face look great…kinda familiar, If you know what I mean. True to form from you & I. I like the hair cut, it’s like this 60’s futurised cut. quite cool.

"You try so hard, but you, don’t understand, just what you will say when you get home…

sitting in an internet cafe writing this!!

Because…OUR INTERNET HAS BEEN CUT OFF! ! !
oh my got NTT japan are evil!!

anyway ive done a little more on the painting…just cant post it…lol

will do some more today if i can pull myself away from watching Naruto for a couple of hours…

the next image post will prob be a big jump…sorry but at the moment it cany be helped…

see you all soon…

CY’B

internets still dead :frowning:

should be back up within a week…will do a big post before the due date hopefully…
man its really s$%ting me…any way ive done heaps on the painting…so get ready for a big suprise…ive done the guys reflection and basically finished him off…also redone alot of the tank…and also the back wall/background…im so sad that i cant post at the moment…but im saving some pictures as i go so some progressive picts will be comming…

anyway its beer time…

love cyb

just submitting my final color. final image in about five minutes. :wink:

final image. don’t you want to touch it?

Well, it certainly ended up one heck of a beautiful painting, man. It’s still missing a dog with a speech bubble, but I suppose that in the end it works without.

I’m proud of ya. Hope you win something grand!

Very Impressive Cybu san! That’s one totally amazing work of art.

Best of luck old friend.