Master and Servant 2D Entry: Matt Dixon

Another quick update ( with a rather crude contrast pull in PS that’s burned out some of the detail ). Things are starting to balance up now, but perhaps too much - I want the girl to be the definite focal point. Might give the balloon another try once things are tidied up a little more.

Thanks for the comments, they really help to keep me going!

Glad to see you still in this, Matt! The details are looking good. The values are strong, but not as strong as the value study that you posted in post #148. Maybe you just have yet to add some post effects, but I jhope you’ll push it as far as you tried earler on. Good luck in the last day or two!

-mike

Hey Matt, long time no see. You sure lay low after you whupped me in the avatarwars :smiley: . This is a beautiful picture, one of the best here for sure. I love the contrast between the little cute girl and the big steampunk monsta! All you need is a little highlighting. Oh, and love. Here’s some for you!–>:love:Keep up the great work!
theresa.

I wondered where this had got to! - It’s really come on since I last saw it.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Amazing. I think the titan and child idea is great. I can’t wait to see the final piece.

I love the new contrast Matt, the metal looks really nice that way. Good luck on the finishing touch.

congratulations, fantastic work.
In my opinion a corner of blue sky should be more better.
I hope you win a prize

Matt, this is looking great. I’m very impressed. I’ve missed a lot lately, this thread being part of that. Excellent work my friend.

alright matt!
sweet update - really pulled it together nicely. point of focus, lighting, mood, atmosphere, various textures, size relationships - all phat!
peace.
d
p.s. we miss you in COWville.

GREAT!A HUGE servant and a tiny master.I like very much your technique and colors.Just try to show better that the girl is the master somehow.I think that the rised hand of the girl is the 60-80% fact that shows who’s the boss!Thet is because the servant has no real expressions at all, or it is just my bad judgement.So try to show that better and your image will be one of the best I’ve seen so far in this challenge-Honest!

good luck:thumbsup:

Please see MY MASTER & SERVANT

Just some final fiddling required now to try and punch things up a bit. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a final tonight or early tomorrow.

There we go. I’m calling it done. Of course that doesn’t mean I won’t be making any more changes! But I’m planning to FTP the final in the morning so I’m not tempted to unnecessary tweaks.

A few people seem to be confused over who is master and who is servant, but it’s intentionally ambiguous so I can’t decide whether to explain the concept or not. Maybe I’ll see if I can come up with some suitably vague wording to explain what I was trying to acheive! ( Though I think I explained what I was thinking in earlier on in the thread. )

Thanks to everyone who’s left comments for their support!

Fantastic Matt! I’m really impressed with how much detail you’ve got into the little girl. And overall it’s a beautiful image. Gentle and warm! :slight_smile:

Congrats on finishing Matt, nice to see other DSGers doing so well!!

GOOD LUCK in the final judging…see you around there!

That’s a powerful image Matt, it’s so reminiscent of a recuring nightmare I had as a kid it’s hard for me to look at.

i like the final angle you decided on alot. really cool/sweet image. great job!

Just fantastic!! I love it!!

The added detail in the robot… and especially the spots of violet and the little girl have really ‘made’ the image. And i think the ideas behind the image raise it above a lot of other entries…

Good luck in the judging Matt!!

wow…!!
realy cool idea and amazing art work!
love ur character alot.the giant robot is awesome!
congrats and wish u the best inthis challenge.:applause: :buttrock: :thumbsup:

Congrats on your final image Mat!!! :thumbsup: Great entry for the challange. Wish you good luck!

Cheers

Fantastic! As I mentioned earlier in your thread…I love it.

Congratulations and good luck

Paul