Master and Servant 2D Entry: Linda Bergkvist

I honestly can’t thank you guys enough. The sheer amount of replies to this thread is really bowling me over every time I actually think about it- I’ve never, ever received such overwhelming response for an image before: it’s been greatly helpful. For those who want to see a bigger version, one should pop up in the regular gallery later on as I’ve submitted it, that one’s about 1600 pixels tall, bigger than the one I’ve submitted here, at least :]

Also, thanks to some of you for making me laugh and smile, I always get post-creative depression when I finish a piece of art, and it’s been extra bad this time around… so it’s helped. Anyway, big, big, big hugs and a bowlful of thanks. My apologies for not responding to every individual comment in this thread but there’s just not been time for it. I promise I will respond to all the comments in the regular gallery thread, though, I always do that.

Anyway, thanks for the good-luck-wishes, and best of luck to those of you who are part of the competition as well.

0_o, can’t wait to be seeing a version that large! :scream:

It’s a really good piece, fumbles on words…*…:smiley:

Hi,I 'v never posted anything here or to you atall.
But now that you finished I had to drop by and giv you respect you deserve for obvious reasons.
Seen few images U created,and I admire your skill.Certain guru of 2D.
Wish you good luck,cos there is lot’s of other great images here aswell.
seeya. :thumbsup:

:applause::applause:realy nice work linda…this threat was my favorite from the begining and now the final image is looking perfect…although i didnt posr much here(maybe two or three times)but i just couldnt think of not replying and saying Congradulation to you…wish you the best…and i’m forwad to have the HI-RES one:thumbsup:

emh… after 90 pages it’s unuseful to say something… but this painting makes me want to cry :°) it’s unbelievable

I always get post-creative depression when I finish a piece of art,

:slight_smile: shit… i know that feeling too… :cry: here comes a little medicine-cheering: :applause::applause::applause::bounce::bounce::bounce:
and the next challenge is coming soon!

thank you for being such an inspiration… really love your work! keep it up!!

I think that’s the point of this, at least it is for me; to MAKE you question. Try thinking about the image IN TERMS of the metaphor, not the characters. What do WE not know about nature, what do WE not see? Are WE in some state of harmony with nature despite our impetuousness, or are we merely defiling it? These are the sort of questions I stare at this and find myself wondering, and if that wasn’t Linda’s point… well, it still has meaning to me. Personally, I think that just as in poetry and music, in the visual mediums those themes that work best are those that present a scene and then allow the viewer to make their own interpretation of what the work is and come to empathize with it in their own way. If Linda had shown humanity gleefully stabbing nature with a big knife, it would have been trying to force an interpretation onto you. If it had shown nature lovingly holding a childish humanity, it would also not have left any room for interpretation. With this… you have to stop and wonder, and it ends up meaning0 to you what it means to you. I wouldn’t ask the artist what it’s about, I’d ask yourself.

I love the way you express your ideas in your paintings, I love tha passion you put on every project I hate not to be that skilled… so, I don’t know if I’m in love with you or I’m in hate with you… hehehehehe… LOL I’m in hate with you… nice phrase

Just kidding Linda, you’re the best :thumbsup:

godgreat!!!!!!so coool!!!

For post creative depression:P :
A Brit, a Frenchman and a Ruassian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden. “Look at their reserve, their calm,” muses the Brit. “They must be British.” “Nonsense,” the Frenchman disagrees. “They are naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French.” “No clothes, no shelter,” the Russian points out, “they have only an apple to eat, and they are being told this is paradise. They are Russians!” :smiley:

I love your painting

I’m a little late in commenting again, but anyway… I think you did an outstanding job on this (!) and yeah, I think it’s my favorite of your paintings too :slight_smile: I really like not only the image itself, but the message/idea/thought process behind it-- wonderfully done. If you decide to get this printed, I would definitely be interested in buying a print :slight_smile: Congratulations!

I love their work, very good, the brilliant idea and the impressive painting, good luck :smiley:

Outstanding work, Linda! Good Luck! Holla Back!:thumbsup:

Wow :eek:
Perfect piece. No comments needed. Linda you are an amazing artist and forgive me to tell you that you are the most beautiful talented artist I ever seen.

• limo

Hi Linda! I really admire your ability do such a fantastic imagery and the way you’re able to “puppeteer” human body. :slight_smile: Only thing that I miss from your picture if understood the story completly, that the background could try to tell the story more efficiently. What I mean is that the bg from the human’s side could be more devastated.

Anyway, your work is real master piece! :love: :thumbsup:

Congratulations with very beatufull piece of art :applause: one of the best here for me :thumbsup:

I was giggling all throughout your wonderful insights. It’s a joy to look at things in a new way. Great description and symbolic qualities. I have a great admiration for this piece. Mother Nature is very beautiful in your portrayal of her. My respects.

wow. amazing work. i’m really glad you changed the bloody leg, it was the only thing about this that bothered me a bit. it’s an incredibly beautiful piece and i think all your hard work has paid off big time. i can’t get over the warmth this piece has, your painting is so alive. it’s inviting but still edgy.

congratulations on creating a stunning entry.

congrats on the end piece. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Linda, just had to pop in and congratulate you once again on a fine piece. You’ve really elevated your talent and managed to reach new heights with your entry. Great work!

My M&S thread: