Master and Servant 2D Entry: Linda Bergkvist

very articulate JM… lmao

Amazing !!..very impressive work…! love this one

Ahhh, Ms. Bergkvist, you never cease to amaze me…:smiley: This is beautiful!

I know you’re stressing, so I want to make it clear that this is only a question: In your earlier renditions of this piece, Humanity’s bloody hand has torn a gash in Nature’s leg. I believe I still see blood on Nature’s dress, but what happened to the wound on her leg? What was your reason for changing it?

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I looked and didn’t see it…:sad:
Of all your pieces, this is definitely one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

excellent work Linda! Good call on the robe over the leg… now its more clear and looks very good :smiley:

This is a wonderful piece Linda. I still love the fresh colors, still want to eat some fruit everytime I look at this (although I try to ignore the rotting and dieing things when that happens). Doesn’t look like you need any luck, but good luck and best wishes to you.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, I love the piece, and the changes you made to the dress really helped. It’s just that, at least to me, the left leg just doesn’t look right. It’s too much behind her, it almost looks like a disembodied leg. The way her upper body and hips seem to be angled, her left leg would seem more in place being more towards the front, between the too characters.

Yep, perfect now =D

And wheee, eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I’m concerned, the piece is done now. I have to stop at some point, and this is it. I’m submitting this one to show the changes to the faces, the next submission will be the final piece with the writing to go along with it.

I can’t thank everyone enough for all the help I’ve received. I just need to let it go at some point or I’ll just collapse from redoing the tiniest little details. I’ll never be done if I don’t stop now, ha ha.

Again, thank you, and don’t forget to send an email to linda@furiae.com - just a blank one, so I have your addy for the gift.

I love the changes you did to the grass :slight_smile: The slightly parted lip is great although i liked the variant with the dark (greenish?) line more :wink:
About the picture flipping thing: i have the tendency to read pictures from the left to the right. So transfered into a written sentence, in your first variant humanity was subject and nature object. Second you have a diagonal in the image which was more of a stroke upward in your first variant and a stroke downward in your second. This makes me read the older variant “humanity givesherself/sinks into the arms of nature” with a very light, dynamic feel of humanity. The flipped variant is then more like “nature catches the stumbling humanity” with humanity being more of a burden. Again, no idea if this makes sense to you but it does to me :wink:
good luck

humm why all cg socity members have star wars avatars ?

the detail is just amazing, i love how sharp it turned out!

It´s truly a masterpiece. How can someone compete with you? but plz, when you win this time, dont enter the competition the next time :smiley: give other people a chance ! :scream:

Nah joking! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Kam!

artman50: Here is why everyone has a starwars avatar:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239083&page=1

Lovely work!

You have a pm by the way - we’ve had trouble getting emails out for the last week re: Midnight Kiss…

Tony

Congrats on finishing Linda! :applause:

<insert a multitude of superlatives> You already know how I feel about this piece…just beautiful!

How do you feel now?
Hope you’re busy gnawing down on the other half of that enormous choc bar!!:thumbsup:

logotomie u r right ! i like more the way it are before .

The eye looks FABULOUS now! :smiley: Yep, the piece is definiely complete. This has been an amazing experience for me… I learned a few tricks from you, and that’s just awesome :slight_smile:
Close-ups, anyone? I’d love to see the pattern on Humanity’s dress better :slight_smile:

Ah great you solved the (small) problem with the leg, IMO this is now oficially perfect, congratulations. Now would there be any change to get hold of a print, I want to have it framed and hang it on my wall, ow ow and I like it signed please:D

Because Donna asked, I’m uploading these detail shots while waiting for the final piece to submit. Talk about butterflies in my tummy! that’s what I get for painting so many of them!

Huge thanks, everyone, I think I’ll go throw up now.

yeh…throw up…DIE SO WE CAN HAVE A CHANCE hhehe

great details.

Thanks linda… that snake skin turned out really cool! I also love the water droplets, they really add to the atmosphere of the dress!

woot!:buttrock:

Coz we’re trying to get free tickets from George himself. But don’t tell anyone, ok ?

Linda: Awesome entry :thumbsup: We’re proud of you.