Master and Servant 2D Entry: Clint Thorne

Well, this is it, or at least pretty darn close. I may play with some bubbles or some distant background objects. Final image soon!

Hey there, another underwater scene! Nice use of textures. Definately has a serene feel to it… some bubbles would look cool. Congrats :slight_smile:

yeah, very serene yet somethng sinister is lurking hehehe… great work & hurry up pls.:slight_smile:

Well, here it is, final image! Like so many others, I wasn’t sure I’d get here.
Thank you, everyone, for all your support and encouragement.

I don’t think too much of an explanation or description of what’s going on is appropriate. If I’ve done the image correctly, the story should be in the picture. But I thought, since everyone else has been doing it, I’d make a couple of comments:
The relationship between master and servant is not always a negative one. There is great honor in many types of service, and an individual can become part of something larger than themselves by surrendering their lives to the needs of something greater. Often they find personal rewards they had never conceived of, through service, and the benefits to them seem to outweigh their efforts to serve.
I tried to convey that sort of heart felt participation and emotional commitment between my Deep-Dweller and her Leviathan. They are each other’s only companions, life long partners. Their contact with the surface world is infrequent and brief, only when she requires maintenance or repair on the technology that sustains her body against the harshness of open water.
chuckle That’s already more than I intended to say, so I’ll wrap it up. This has been a great deal of fun. Good luck everybody!

Looks good. I like the creature design.

Hi,

really nice underwater mood you created in your painting… really like it :thumbsup: :applause:

realy exellent!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: love ur pose a lot.beautiful character and ambiance.:thumbsup:
congrats on ur finish and good luck to u.
cheers.:buttrock:

this looks so gentle and beautifull. i love the way it turned out.:love:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.