Master and Servant 2D Entry: Calvin Clyke

Latest Update: Final Image: K THIS IS IT

AGAiN GOOD LUCK TO ALL

YES I KNOW IT’S VERY LATE TO START BUT I JUST HEARD AND I CAN’T RESIST TRYING SUMTHING…STARTED TODAY … BIGGER IMAGES ARE COMING SOON.

ANY CRITISISM WOULD HELP…

I Wish I Had A Tablet

HERES THE LINE WORK CLEANED UP

i left a couple thing because out because i would add more detail later…hope u like

I NEED SLEEP IN TORONTO IT’S 4:46AM…MY EYES ARE BLEEDING FROM LATE NIGH WORKING…WILL I MAKE THE DEADLINE AND CELEBRATE ON MY BIRTHDAY

looks great, i would add a lil more definition to her knee but it is overlookable, try enritching the eye colour by using soft and vivid light modes, it will go much better, also trx adding some yellowish around the iris, as i understand u dont have a tablet, i have tricks for painting fur… but without the tablet it will be difficult i usualy use d another trick till i got myself a tablet, i rotated the image and used the grass brush, it was a pain in the neck but the results tend to be quite impressive, the tiger fur on my work was made that way, if i think of anything else ill come back, and ill follow up on the development, later man:thumbsup:

I like your style mate :slight_smile:
nebezial, said pretty mutch everything, so I don’t relly got any critique
Good luck :thumbsup:

Hello Calvin…
for me, that start very good… but If I have only council… it’s that your picture need to have more depth… volume… for the moment, that make me feel to a simple colored drawing… I think you must work more to add the details of life… with your style for sure… that permit you to have a real mood…
…the design of the girl is pretty cool… you can obtain a beautiful picture… good courage mate… :thumbsup:

Try and steal a graphics tablet! Or at least borrow one! Seriously though, to try and do the fur, I’d use a scratchy type brush (possibly one of the presets in photoshop) and turn the scattering option on (have a play around with the settings). Once you have laid down some of your base colours, use the finger painting/smudge tool. Again using a scratchy type brush, play around with the settings (fade, etc) and the strength ( I normally work with it set at about 65-70%) and ‘push’ the colours around to give you a more organic feel for the fur.

Also, check the anatomy on the girl’s hand (unless you’re going for a stylized look,) it looks a little funky to me!

Other than that, the composition looks good. I just hope you’ve got enough time to finish it, and have some sleep!

Good luck

thanks guys i’ll try everything you said…but first i gotta rest my eyes…

:eek::bounce:

Hehe, it’s 5:54 here in NY. I’m about to go to sleep, but i could resist looking at your pic. Looks really cool and i dig the style. I know how it is to paint with a mouse. it’s hell, but just keep going. For the fur, i’d definately listen to NEBZ about it. The grass brush definately helps, but make sure you adjust some of the brush options to get a nice effect. Oh and show where the right arm is position or make it hold something. Can’t wait to see more dude. The female chick looks cool and love the hairstyle. and that little one is cute, hehe.:thumbsup:

cheers

nice style! that chick is sexy!! I like the rendition on the eye. that I would pop even more of you hit that high light with the solid white. with out the blurred edges.

WOW…Without tablet!! :thumbsup: Good work…I don’t understand how have you do that without tablet! congratulation…

I agree with others comments…You should add more deph…But i suppose that you work it on in this moment… Keep it up:)

I you council to work hairs…You should use well a brush as nebiezal tell you…With the result which he obtained I think that you should listen him…I think you should well contrasting the unit…and maybe the high horse should look at the girl instead of look at the right…

Ury up man and good luck!:slight_smile:

WELL WHEN YOUR IN PHOTOSHOP THERES ALOT OF PUSH AND HOLD OPTIONS…MY ADVICE IS USE THEM WISELY. FOR EXAMPLE TO DO THE OUT LINES I RESIZED THE PENCIL DRAWING FROM THE SCAN I DID ON MY LOW BUDGET hp SCANNER AND THEN USED IT AS A TEMPLATE TO CREATE THE LINE ART…TOOK A WHILE AND MY HAND STILL HURTS…THERES LIKE A RED SORE AROUND THE EDGE OF MY PALM…TO GET THE GIRLS LINES DONE I USED THE PEN TOOL …BUT SOME TIMES WITH THE PAINT BRUSH I’LL CLICK AN AREA HOLD SHIFT THEN JUST KEEP CLICK TILL IT’S DONE…THEN I’LL TOUCH IT UP WITH THE SMUDGE TOOL…BEEN DOING THE SAME WORK FLOW FOR 2 YEARS

http://www.freewebs.com/calvin_clyke_2004/visuals.htm

HERES SOME WORK FROM LAST YEAR…NOT MY BEST BUT I’LL UPDATE IT TODAY…ERRR…MAYBEE TOMOROW…I GOTTA FINISH THE COLOURING

Congratulations !!! This is a real nice “Chaperon Rouge”

Cheers

Manu

Hiya Calvin,

I dont know if I can add much that hasn’t already been addressed. nebezial’s advice has helped me and wow no tablet…I remember thoughs days…lol.

I think the girl should be the main focus (girl looks cool :applause: )and the dog should be in the sitting position (servant posture) and maybe the dog has brought the rat on a leash and has layed it at her feet and she is patting him for a good job…now thats a big rat. just some thoughts :slight_smile: might spark some ideas.

Cheers

Cool, I like the use of red, keep it up!