Master and Servant 2D Entry: Adriela Sakamoto

Martha Sakamoto has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: We have Always Fed the Muse

Final Image. Now onto the uploading madness…:slight_smile:

Welcome to the challenge !

You must do quickly : the deadline is 18th may 2005 :wise:

Manu

Thank you! Don’t know why that registered twice… but I’m a forum idiot.

Adri

Second progress sketch. Still noodling and trying to solidify concept. Getting there.

I guess one could call this line art. I don’t really work with traditional line art, so I’m not sure if this disqualifies me or not. I tend to paint and draw at the same time with Corel, so I’m sort of sticking to line-ish stuff for now and going into the painting next, I hope. Gack, I hope I’m doing this correctly…

Adri

Starting to block in some color and bring out a bit of detail.

More color… More “what the hell am I doing…?”

Adri

Nice drawing, although the human seems a bit laid back about having his (brains?) sucked out. Keep up the good work

Gord

Thank you so very much for your kind and supportive words; I am hoping the human’s demeanor will be made more clear as the image progresses. I took a look at your artwork; I envy your ability to do such clean line work. The hands in particular are beautifully done. I can’t wait to see where you go with this.

Again, thanks! I pretty much know no one around here…

Adri

Beginning to lay in head contours…

One word for this WICKED! nice piece but Hurry I dont want you to miss it. Peace :buttrock:

Thank you! I don’t think there is any way in hell I’ll be able to finish it on time; I’m already starting to cut corner… Blech.

Are you a Texas native or misplaced? :wink: I hail from West Texas, though with Idiot Child in the White House, I tend not to say too much about it.

Adri

expanding canvas size; reworking critter; still don’t like it, but I’m running out of time! Main elements mostly roughed in. I’ll try to get the background going tomorrow. On a sad note, my Wacom is dying. There’s a spot on it that has seen so much drawing, it’s a wonder it reads at all. Of course, it’s pushing 9 years old… sigh.

Adri

Still more canvas added; foot and right hand roughed in; beginning to add some of the props. Is anyone else as bonetired as I am?? My husband thinks I\\\\\\\'ve been stolen by fairies.

Some detailing on skull. Went back to first critter. Using Corel PhotoPaint 9, dimensions of original: 25" by something.

nice work.
cool idea and painting!:thumbsup:
love ur detail a lot.:bounce:
keep it up!
:buttrock:

Thanks! A high compliment coming from someone so talented…

Best,

Adri

Nice concept so far. I wish u the best of luck!:thumbsup:

Thanks! By the way, I was looking at your image earlier today, and thinking I liked the watery version better. That said, I don’t know where you are goling with the tower, and a very sleek polished monolith could be a good foil for the very shepherdly look of the crowd. If that makes sense. Anyway, that’s my two-cents’ worth. The very best of luck with the Challeng!

Adri

No one can every accuse me of working smart! This Challenge has been an exercise in \“oh my god\”, why did I do that? It\'s surely been fun, though…
Adri