Mark Goerner DVD

Does anyone know how he made that perspective grid in disc 2 pretty usefull how it can be transformed

I’d like to know that as well!!

i havent got the dvd…is it a grid of paths or pixels, just free transformed?

paths I think that he made in painter

scott robertson does it with paths that all start at the vanishing point, then he just ctrl+select them and move’em around. for the perspective grid that you wanna use when painting, i usually do a stroke of the paths to stick on a layer, then i can have the different vanishing points on/off depending on what section of the painting i’m working on.

Thanks for that I thought that was the way to do it makes sense

Hello chums, this is Mark Goerner, and as for the grid question, it was a series of paths made in photoshop, which was then stroked on a layer, (approx. 3-5 pixel width). I keep it as well as a curvaliner grid and signiture on a separte file that I pop open when starting and finishing a piece. I have a heavily lined as well as a less busy one based on the nature of the illustration. I change the opacity and color to suit the pallet of the piece. Props on this technique go to my pal Nick Pugh…the O.G. for real. m

Can we have a picture to see what you guys are trying to achieve?

Yeah, would be nice to see what he tries to achieve…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.