Marine Machine Plankton, Qiwei Liang (3D)

Title: Marine Machine Plankton
Name: Qiwei Liang
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, Rhino, VRay

This is a concept design. These days I am interested in the appearance of marine plankton and want to present their luminescence and transparency in a steampunk way. But I don’t want to make it soft, so it may also look like a nautilus.
90% was modelled in rhino and some polygons in 3dmax. Vray for rendering and photoshop for post work.

Beautiful work! I like the concept and the way you worked out the mechanization of a somewhat amorphous organism. The colors and composition are really strong. I think you captured the luminescent quality of the organism very well. The depth and underwater feeling are very convincing. Nothing really to critique. Is the background a composite or is the entire scene modeled? Let us see a higher res. version. :slight_smile:

Great work! How did u do the plankton?

I am happy you like it! I am also in architecture area.
The background is made from several different underwater photos, the one with relic is used as background, and I also use some as mask upon the model, which is also important to create the atmosphere.

I used rhino to build most of the gears & shells, but I used 3dmax to build some joints and connections.

another rendering.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.