Make your 3D models with paper

Heres an interesting little program I stumbled across a little while ago. It allows you to import your models and after cutting them up, you can print them on paper fo you can build them. Its called pepakura. Have fun:D

http://www.e-cardmodel.com/pepakura-en/

tee hee hee! Lookit the little dragon!:smiley:

He he…chopping up Lil Dragon FUN!!:smiley:

This could replace 3D printers as we know it!!:eek:

Must harness this technology!!

-Dave

one question:…what is this PAPER you speak of??

Dammit! I looks like the UV layout program that I’ve been searching for! OH HAPPY DAY!!:scream:

Lu

dude that looks great I mean an autoUV program man.

Something that no one else has done before.

I bet you could really use this for UV’s too just screen cap and import into PS.

heck, this looks a bit like auto-uv from wings 3d :wink: In both you can define which edges are to be cut, and which should remain intact…

GIMME-GIMME-GIMME-GIMME!!!:eek: :twisted:

haha damn this looks fun. :beer:

DUUUUUUUDE !!! that’s awsome :smiley:

Well, I am not sure yet if i want to laugh about it or want to buy it.
:drool:
But i tend towards the second

ownij. :beer:

tehehehe, d/loading the demo :D, should be fun

I’m gonna build me an Audi TT!!:drool:

I have to make some lowpoly-models for this.
… or find somebody who is willing to cut out a lot of things :shrug:

Looks very cool…we just need to make sure that no one gets carried away and starts making life-size stahlberg women. :stuck_out_tongue:

What functions are disabled in the demo, btw?

Originally posted by symantix
Looks very cool…we just need to make sure that no one gets carried away and starts making life-size stahlberg women. :stuck_out_tongue:

…a new CGTALK Challenge?!:lightbulb

Originally posted by symantix
[B]Looks very cool…we just need to make sure that no one gets carried away and starts making life-size stahlberg women. :stuck_out_tongue:

What functions are disabled in the demo, btw? [/B]

LOL yeah, enjoy the cutting, if you don’t cut your model up in pepakura it seperates each face and slaps them all over the page

o and the save is disabed, don’t know if anything else is

Dude this would make a great challenge, these guys make another 3d software that is a good anime animation 3d program. I’m trying to find it. Its great, works with Metaseq, only problem is it is in Japanese. Hope they come out with an English one, like they did this program.

This looks like fun

Oh mods, lets make this a 3d challenge.

Lets all contact a MOD. I’m gonna buy this program!!! Now!!!

:buttrock:

http://www.shusaku.co.jp/www/

Hey, that Super4 thing looks flipping cool! Yah, hope they come out with an english version:rolleyes:

The Japanese just rock and are so innovative, they are always ahead some way some how.

The software looks fun to use. They have a MAC version and the Japanese version will work on Windows system but its in Japanese.

I wish someone who spoke Japanese could write them and ask for an English version to be made available. I love all the functions it has. Great stuff!!!

Can’t wait to get my paper cutting program.

And it works with Metaseq, my favorite modeller. The easiest Modeller on the planet. 5 minutes and your modelling anything you want. Very easy to use. Learning curve next to zero. I like how they make things easier than they should be in their programs.