MadCar (Plugin for Car Animation)

hello everyone , i’ve used this really great plugin however i have a question . when i press the button to make the car moves , the realtime scene is slowmotion so i can’t control the car correctly. dose anybody have this problem ? and how can i fix it ?

reg

any idea ?!:rolleyes:

same thing happens to you within the demo scene? perhaps your car poly count is way too high.

If that’s not the issue, you might try playing with the Throttle sensitivity, or using shift to accelerate more.

try hiding the mesh - this happens to me too sometimes. I mainly use madcar for realtime game engine stuff so I have the luxury of being able to delete the mesh completely. I haven’t found a good fix tho, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Yeminius @:
it’s not too high , in karba’s test example (mustang) the realtime scene is not slowmotion. I couldn’t get something like that. however thank u

em3 @:
i think hiding the mesh would be the best way for me now. thanx alot man

I’m animating a car going down a mountain road and was wondering if i could assign a path that my car would follow automatically.
If yes can anyone please give me a step by step procedure on how to do it?

First of all, nice addon, …wonder if this works in reactor? :applause:

…I got one problem, it’s really annoying… whenever I asign a part of car to the Mad Car… that part is getting really big, or really small, …what shall I do?

Cheers & tnx…

I don’t assign the actual meshes to madcar - I just assign dummy points and then link my geometry to that point. It makes it much easier to set up multiple cars.

lol me, tnx for the tip, I forgot about that…

This does not include object collision right? …any tip for that!?!

Cheers & tnx…

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but maybe it will help other noobs…

Had fun with this problem myself. I used a 3D vehicle model which had been scaled down to a proper size for use in a forensic job. Found that when I applied the MadCar controller to a wheel, it jumped to the center of the car and doubled in size. Then when I chose the Object1 (MadCar) object, it jumped to about 500 times its size. I knew it had something to do with when I originally scaled the vehicle way down in size. (I created a dummy vehicle out of a box and cylinders and it worked fine).

Anyway, to fix it: I chose the wheel, then under Hierarchy, choose Affect Object Only, under Reset click Scale. I never used this button before, which I am quite sure is common to many. But essentially, even though I had resized the wheel, MAX still kept the original size as its core size and which is what MadCar was referencing. Clicking this button forces MAX to accept the current (resized value) as the new core.

HTH,
NHAnimator

Is it possible to adjust the Z-axis? I’ve got a car traveling on hilly ground. Wheel radii of 1.08 units. All seems okay except the tires sit below the ground by about 0.5 units. In other words, the bottom of the tires are sunk into the ground about halfway up to the axles.

Also, which setting handles the “springiness” of the shocks. The car bounces a little too loosely (need to stiffen up the suspension).

So far so good playing around with it (Thanks, Kabra!).

Thanks in advance,
NHAnimator

have any one mad car plugin for 3ds max 2010??plz help me…

yeah that seem to to be the biggest draw back on this plugin, looks cool but making it for the latest max is just as important as anything. I would try it if it worked for max 2011.

How about INNERSPACE…

Visualize a place inside the body, as seen from a micro-submarine’s perspective.

Bones, heart, fetus, eyes, blood cells, virus, immune defense system eating bacteria, etc…

Preferably with a storytelling element that makes the shot interesting - like a mini-sub, a bullet next to the heart, a bone-fracture…

• Jonas

i want to use it in max 2011 and future max versions…
isnt it posible?

I just found this

http://rendering.ru/ru_en/madcar.html

$200 tho…not sure if it’s real. Has anyone tried it?

edit: looks like it is. That karba dude deserves it, Mad Car is one of if not THE top vehicle plugin for Max.

Yeah, it’s real.

Better a commercial plugin that gets recompiled than a free one that doesn’t.

Agreed. Have you used the new one?

Hi,

not extensively, I’ll probably have more of a play with it over Christmas, now that work has eased off.

Cheers

Steve

Great, thanks Steve.

I just bought it. Waiting for my key then it’s test:30! :thumbsup: