Machineflesh Challenge Questions/Issues

Heh, you won’t :curious:

What’s going to happen is that we’re going to take the top publicly-voted images, hand them over to a private jury, and have them pick the winners.

Once that’s done (should start this week, no idea how long it’ll last) we’ll come up with the winners and a short-list and stuff, and let eeeeeverybody know :slight_smile:

So that’s at least another week to wait… you’re killing me!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mirage

Oh! my god this waiting is killing me too.
who will be the winner i want the winner to be my guy whome i voted.

Oh yes, this long time spent with waiting is makes lot of people softly nervous…although am absolutely sure the invisible voting and the serious judgin period are honest and reliable instruments of the fair play.

Oh yes, this long time spent with waiting is makes lot of people softly nervous…although am absolutely sure the invisible voting and the serious judgin period are honest and reliable instruments of the fair play.

We tried doing visible public voting with the last challenge… it didn’t really work, alot of people were unhappy (since many people would potentially just vote for the top few images, some artists were worried about skewed results).

The private jury voting should start within the next day, I’ve prepared a copy of the shortlist s and Leigh is arranging all of the judges. Once final judging is done you just have to wait for us to whip up some announcements :slight_smile:

I know it sucks waiting, but you shouldn’t have toooo much longer to wait!

Mibus: Hi :wavey:

Will you guys be sending out private E-mails to the top 40 or so shortlisted people?

Also besides the top 4 spots for each category will you also be mentioning the next 10 or so besides the 4 winners, in other words an [b]Honorable mention list[/b]? I think that would be great and fair to many,due to the fact that there are about 15 or so really special entries.
 Thanks for your time and answer ahead of time.:) :)

Will you guys be sending out private E-mails to the top 40 or so shortlisted people?

I wouldn’t expect so…

Also besides the top 4 spots for each category will you also be mentioning the next 10 or so besides the 4 winners, in other words an Honorable mention list? I think that would be great and fair to many,due to the fact that there are about 15 or so really special entries.

Yup, we’ll be showing a selection of honourable mentions along with the final winners.

This is what we did for the last challenge:
http://cgnetworks.com/alienware/

It’ll be somewhat similar to that, I’d imagine :slight_smile:

ok . … we allowed to get worried about nothing yet happening ?

cause i’d really like to :slight_smile:

:scream: Anybody home !!!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaan…that’s a long waiting… :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think cgnetworks should do some thing about the process! ;- ) why? because:

Challenge ended on june 18, now is july 27, almost 40 days passed and probably it will go for 2 months, add this to challenge time itself and you got 5 months. I think we will have only TWO challenges every year! I know that is time consuming, but one in every 6 months…!? oh man! no. :wink: atleast one in every season.

I prefer slow than unfair or unaccurate results.

<<ila_solomon>>
Man I hope you are wrong :sad: :sad:
BTW you don’t have to worry either way :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh the suspense is killing me…

Still must be patient as I’m sure judging the shortlisted entries is not an easy job…there was some great work in both 2D and 3D competitions…good luck everyone and lets hope we see the results soon :bounce: :bounce: :slight_smile:

Waiting is surely killing.

Hope we atleast know the shortlisted entries which have been forwarded for judging.

All the best for the final countdown.

Mike

Hi everyone,

I understand that everyone is anxious for the results.

I don’t want to raise any false expectations, so I’ll just give it to you guys straight - this point in time is a really, really, REALLY busy and challenging time for everyone involved in the MachineFlesh Challenge - CGNetworks, all the sponsors, staff, etc. as SIGGRAPH is a week away and the entire industry is focused on the event. With the number of entries, amount of administration required to go through the entries, getting judging all sorted out, all in the midst of preparations for SIGGRAPH, it is all a very hard slog at this point in time.

We’re currently awaiting the final results from the judging panel (which has been delaying us as everyone in the industry is busy with SIGGRAPH), then we have to put together the final winning pages, all associated administration, etc. and announce it. Although we had aimed for next week, I am not ruling out the possibility that SIGGRAPH issues may get in the way and we will have to be pushed back till after the event (mid-August)

The bottom line is:
We haven’t forgotten about the MachineFlesh Challenge, we’re pushing as hard as we can given the current situation. Please, if we do not make the announcement this week, we can only do it after SIGGRAPH - it’s not the end of the world.

We understand that everyone is anxious for the final judging, but please also understand why we do the challenge - it’s for fun - we don’t get a single cent of renumeration for all the setup costs, administration costs, dealing with all the issues (i.e. CRAP) associated with it. We do it because it’s cool and we know it helps the community.

So there’s the straight answer. We’re working on it as hard as we can, but please also understand the current situation, have some patience and empathy.

Render on,

Leonard

Thanks Leonard .

This is what I wanted , regular news about where everything
is at the moment. :slight_smile: Now you all take your time to get everything
sorted out and thanks for the post , it isn’t nice to stay in the
dark for too long :slight_smile:

peace

I do understand Leo :slight_smile: & good luck to cgn staff.

Hi Leonard,

Thanks a lot for the news!
I’m going to SIGGRAPH too, but just in the first day (Sunday). Someone else? Maybe we can have a good meeting there :slight_smile:

Bye and see you later,
Kris

Thanks for the update, Yoda. :thumbsup:

Better to know the deal than to be flapping around aimlessly in a dusty closet with lots of weird things on the floor you can’t see because it’s too dark