Machineflesh Challenge Questions/Issues

I see the rating stars in forum near few works. Has the voting starting already? Where can I put the vote?

I believe this is due to invalid permission settings in the upgrade from VB2 to VB3. Official voting has not begun. The thread ratings will not be considered when doing the final judging. But if you want to go add a star rating, go ahead. You can use the Rate Thread drop down to the top right of the thread.

Leo

Dear Admin,

Please let me know, when will the voting starts? After the FTP deadline?
Am just curious because of my holiday plans and I don’t want to miss the voting section.

Have a nice day,
Mark

Hi folks,

correcting the deadline to some later time - for me - is not correct.
Deadline and file transfer had been part of the challenge - including full res rendering and composition.
It’s absolutely unfair to those early transmitters - that tried to be aware of the last minute rush. How much more could these guys have been done???

Will there be anybody comparing the final WIP submission to the final FTP upload?
Could anyone be sure, that those final WIP images are a downsampled version of the final compositing …?

Cheers
Martin

Yeah man! I’m with you… It’s not fair… But, people know almost every polygon of our 3D models, so you can’t change anything, all you can do is improve the use of the same elements; elements created before June 18th deadline… maybe a little color correction. For me the challenge is about the 3D, the 3D is done, the rest is just a little “touch”.

I have to agree :expressionless: if i knew it before i could have render a low res version for a day before the comp finishes and the high res later but i lost that time rendering a highres for finish until the time if knew it before … :expressionless: but thats ok is just sad that it was really unfair with some artists :|.

Hiya, does this mean that the composition and stuffs can be different? Sorry but i just wanted to make sure before i do anything stupid…:slight_smile:

That’s the point reptOr!

Rendertime was part of the planing.
To get the upload done was to be calculated as well - I planed 4 days safty for this to be done, because of possible technical issues and slow connection.
There are some important improofments, that I could/would have done to my scene, if I wouldn’t have taken care for the uploadtime.

Guess it won’t be fair to the others who missed the deadline due to rendering if i changed the final composition. So i guess i won’t change much. Juz add a logo i guess. Cheers :beer:

Hi all,

No you cannot change the composition. You can tweak the image slightly. For example, if you render at high res and find that your textures are not holding up or your models have polygons visible, you should go back and rectify these. However, the overall compositions should not be modified. We gave everyone ample time (3 months) to work on this already.

Please let me know, when will the voting starts? After the FTP deadline? Am just curious because of my holiday plans and I don’t want to miss the voting section.

The public voting can only start over a week after the FTP deadline as we have to download and collate all the entries. This takes time and human resources. You can safely expect the public voting to only begin on or after the week of 5th July.

Leo

HI,

I’m with you guys…

As Martu said:

" Will there be anybody comparing the final WIP submission to the final FTP upload? Could anyone be sure, that those final WIP images are a downsampled version of the final compositing …? ".

I can understand that there could be problems with the uploading and that there’s given more time for that. But that’s technical…NO PROBLEMO…

But taking this extra days for adding stuff is not fair I would think… to everybody who did all in time…

Anyway, good luck to all and think positive…!!!

My challenge http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=146551

dito …

I see it very unfair for those which thought that they will not be able
to render the highres pic in time and they gave up their Project …
I know of two which have been almost ready but their problem was to
optimize their scene for the big render in time so they gave it all up…

I had really a lot of problems with the size … I made it at the end because
I thought of it from the beginning but anyway … its unfair to give more time
for adjustments in the final zip even I could have spend more time refining then worrying about the final highres render … ( this is all well documented
in my thread … )

Greetings
Ingo

Just a quickie…

If we can see a thumbnail of the final image on the ‘submit final image’ page, does that mean we’ve successfully uploadaed our image to the ftp…?

Thanks…

Jonny:D

So if I understand it right, it will not get better if I upload my final on FTP (I’ve not been able to upload the last 2 wip images… :sad: )?

Is there otherwise no ability to re-open the ‘upload WIP images’ section (; maybe for just an houre?)?

You all great ( :thumbsup: ) staff would really pleasure allot people, because in allot threads there are people who have not been able to upload all WIP’s…

Tnx for your time… :bounce:

me i cant do bigger render…my computer was not strong enought…and now Im in vacation so I cant even try to optimize my scene:sad:

Hello,

I’ve just see that i have submitted all the WIP step, but not the final colouring one :sad: . I don’t see it in my entries, so i think i’ve forgotten to submit this WIP step.
Can i repair this error, because i have submit all the other steps and the High res image…

Please, can i send this step by any other way?

Newke.

EDIT : OOPS, i’m sorry, i’ve posted the final coloring wip, but this is an error, i’ve posted an early coloring wip instead of the final image. SOrry. That’s OK :slight_smile:

Well, I’m a living documented proof of what you’re talking about, and I concerned… I post a Final Image, and I made color corrections and some little “photoshoping” to fit my flovour… Since I did that, my rating vote felt from the 11th to the 25 and almost no one have posted replies. I want to know if what I did is “legal”. Please some moderator or CGTalk people could give us feedback about all this.:shrug:

Dear Admin …

please deactivate the Star rating system in this forum !

It`s just confusing the people regarding the voting and it might
even manipulate opinions …

I would even suggest that the voting results are just shown at
the end of the voting for the same above mentioned reasons …

Greetings
Ingo

Yeah …

statement of a moderator … or better one of the organizers … would be nice to be read …

I want to ask how may I vote? I don’t see any link to do that operation. and, how many time I have to do it?Nishka