LW and C4D (BP)

Can someone tell me how to solve the problem when i try to connect LW to BP for texture painting. I have follow the instructions and tried to use very simple model to do the painting stuff. But I failed, BP said “Unknown file type!” when I send the model to BP from LW modeler using plugins.

I’ve imported .lwo’s w/o any problems into C4D r8 with BP. What plugins are you using and why?

I have also experienced no issues moving models between the two programs. Are you using the plugins that came with BodyPaint to import the models, or other plugins?

The plugins are used from the installing directory of the C4D 8.5. I followed the instructions from the PDF that downloaded from Maxon website. I don’t know what the prob is.

Sounds like you should contact Maxon tech support…

I used the old Bodypaint plugin download from the MAXON…
actually it works but of course the result isn’t I expected…

SubD lost in C4D and UV maps little corrupted

Originally posted by Dick Ma
[B]I used the old Bodypaint plugin download from the MAXON…
actually it works but of course the result isn’t I expected…

SubD lost in C4D and UV maps little corrupted [/B]

So, if I understand you correctly, you’re using BP1. If so, then it doesn’t support SubD - you’ll have to upgrade to BP2 for that feature. BP2 is much, much better than BP1 - it has projection mapping among other enhancements. :slight_smile:

no, My Bodypaint is v2. but the v2 plugin didn’t work…
so i tried the v1 plugin instead, it works but there are problems exists.

My Bodypaint is v2. but the v2 plugin didn’t work…

If your installation was corrupted, perhaps you could try installing it again? Seriously, if this happened to me I would contact Maxon SO fast! I also have BodyPaint 2, and have had absolutely no problem with the LightWave plugin for it.

I can’t imagine why yours is not working. Just send an email to tech support, or even post a message in the C4D forum here - one of the Maxon guys goes there a lot, and he may be able to help you :slight_smile:

one of the Maxon guys goes there a lot, and he may be able to help you

His user name is Srek and he is most friendly and helpful.
Maybe you could elaborate on what exactly did not work with the v.2 plugin?

Yeah, oops I should have mentioned his name, Srek. He is indeed a really, really nice guy, and very helpful :slight_smile:

Be sure to post this same topic in the CGTalk C4D forum.

Srek is a great guy and the C4D community is pretty quick to help an artist in distress.

Cheers!

i have the same problem, when i try to send the object from lw to bp2 but if i save the file, and close lw, i can open in bp2 like a normal file and with out a problem

ok guys…lets back track here a bit as this shoulld not be happening…
Talk me through how you set up BP and LW
Have you put the LWplugin in the Modellers Plugin Folder…
have you directed the plugin to the BP executable?
have you assigned UVS and then maps to these?

I notice that LW can “call” BP thru modeller…but BP just pop up and come with the dialog box “Unknown file format!”

I have done all simple thing, like make a cube, assign UV and material but still didn’t work out.

I think it is the plugin problem.

I’m interested in how your doing this,get the LW exchane plugin that comes withBP2 and place it into the modeller plugins folder, start up modeller.go to add plugins and find the BPexchange plugin…add it.
Go to the Construct tab ,then additional,scroll down till you see the BP exchange and click on that…then hopefully all works well.you may get a Pop up that asks you to find the BP executable and choose a Temp folder for your textures,
If this is what you have done do what everyone else has sugessted and contact Maxon
All the best Robin

Everyone, problem seems solved. Thanks.

So what was the problem Dick ma:thumbsup: :bounce:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.