Lupus Major, Michael Dashow (2D)

Title: Lupus Major
Name: Michael Dashow
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

This was my entry for Dominance War IV, a large character design contest sponsored by Game Artisans. There were a whole bunch of rules for what kinds of characters you could show and what you needed to include - I won’t bore you with the details - but this character is a cyborg wolf with a pet dog. Here are some of the other sheets I needed to include:

Model Sheet

Concept Sheet

Text Sheet

Lupus was designed on paper, modeled partially in 3DS Max, redrawn in pencil, and then painted over in Photoshop.

Typically brillant Michael - man, you have such a gift for imbuing your creations with a great character. This is no exception - I could stare at your detailing for hours man. Phil

Wolves with frickin’ laser beams in their paws - I love it! I love the way the bg one looks like he’s just romping. Terrific imagination in this one.

Really spiffy Walrus! I love the color pallets and character styles you use in your work… they are inviting and fun and have an innocence to them. Really nice work!!!

Thanks folks! I appreciate the comments!
(and I seem to have updated the first post to include the text image again. Yay me.)

Nice work again, W. Good luck :slight_smile:

Excellent Work! Kick ass lighting, and character!

great work as always man! you style is very unique. hope to see you in the top 20 again this year!

fantastic…great work…:thumbsup:.

Superb…very nice work…

love both the main piece and the sketches as well, great stuff.

Now i feel even more sorry i couldn’t be in there with you guys DW’ing.
Just sorry we cant find his pet dog back on the conceptsheet, Love him!
Ofcourse I love both of them.
You did manage giving him tons of personality indeed!
Kick ass character & great Walrus image again Mike!:slight_smile:

original concept and design ,5*!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.