Senior FX Technical Directors are responsible for generating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. Responsibilities also include the lighting, rendering and basic compositing of those FX elements.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Lights and renders FX elements and creates basic composite to demonstrate the usability of the elements.
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders are required.
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred, and experience in MEL highly desired; C++ skills also applicable.
- Responsible for mentoring other digital artists in FX simulation work.
- Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
- 8+ years work experience required in visual effects.
- Feature film experienced required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- Proficiency with Linux is required.
- Expertise with Maya and/or other high-end animation software is required.
- Experience with C++, mel, python, or other scripting languages is desirable.